RogueKiller V13

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I am confused by the manual sig update. When I run a quick scan, I always get the red link to new sigs but when I click on that, I never get redirected to a link where the new sigs are.
ScreenHunter_141 Jan. 24 12.57.jpg

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Well its not a huge loss for someone that is using it at home, like scanning once a month. And i guess that malPE module is very exciting as its in beta
Agreed, and there's a high chance the software will be outdated after a month too... So downloading new version will also have new signatures.

Maybe you could share beta-keys or something here in mt or at wilders security for people or something. Like zemana is doing currently. If rogue killer had a realtime-protection it would be so easy to limit free users off from it
I can give free coupons for everyone doing research/helping people on the forums, but I would limit the number to avoid leaking outside. Is this thread in private section?

Real Time protection isn't for now to be honest, most of the signatures are currently remediation based, there's a huge deal to jump to static signatures. We are starting to do it, RT is scheduled for version 14 (not this year, maybe next year)

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
I am confused by the manual sig update. When I run a quick scan, I always get the red link to new sigs but when I click on that, I never get redirected to a link where the new sigs are.
You mean your browser doesn't open when you click the red link ? What happens if you try to right click and copy link then paste to browser?
(I know it's not ideal, just trying to understand)

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

You mean your browser doesn't open when you click the red link ? What happens if you try to right click and copy link then paste to browser?
(I know it's not ideal, just trying to understand)

Yes my browser opens but can't find a sig down load link. It appears the new builds don't come with latest sigs, otherwise, If they do, I wonder why I always get a warning there are new sigs avaliable. I am using Edge.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Yes my browser opens but can't find a sig down load link. It appears the new builds don't come with latest sigs, otherwise, If they do, I wonder why I always get a warning there are new sigs avaliable. I am using Edge.

It's on the download page, here: RogueKiller Anti-Malware Free Download - Official Website

1548435207182.png

When you download a fresh installer it's not coming with the latest, but the latest from the day it was uploaded. We will try to update the installer (and portable versions too) every week, on monday, so at worse the fresh installer won't have signatures older than a week.
I hope it answers the question.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
BTW the signatures package format is the following: YEAR MONTH DAY _ TIME
So in the screenshot above the signatures are just 3 days old (Jan 21 -> Jan 24), it should detect the same things in 99% of the cases (1% being the very very new malware)

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

V13.1.4 01/30/2019
=================
- Updated to core 3.0.2
* Fixed a crash in ZIP module
* Fixed an issue in Folder creation (preventing creating working directory when executing from non system drive)
* Now VT.Unknown is not treated as a threat anymore
* Now updater runs installer with /silent
- Updated shop links to use download API
- Updated marketing notification from every 1 hour to every 3 hours

RogueKiller Anti-Malware Free Download - Official Website

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all and Hi @Tigzy

On the screenshot Rogue Anti-Malware Bug 08 can you see that the VT score says not scanned why and how can I test it and on my other screenshot is the function is activated

With best Regards
Mops21

Attachments

• Rogue Anti-Malware Bug 08.jpg
    Rogue Anti-Malware Bug 08.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 352
  • Rogue Anti-Malware Bug 09.jpg
    Rogue Anti-Malware Bug 09.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 350
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Hi all and Hi @Tigzy

On the screenshot Rogue Anti-Malware Bug 08 can you see that the VT score says not scanned why and how can I test it and on my other screenshot is the function is activated

With best Regards
Mops21

Your first screen shot shows the exe is missing so nothing to send to VT? did you remove IE from your computer?

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Hey hey,
2 things:
  • I think this is more a display issue, but the JSON report will tell us what's the real target behind the IE process (the missing one)
  • VT setting isn't here to enforce VT scanning, the engine decides first if a scan is needed or not. Not all files are scanned with VT, for both performance and policies (VT policies) reasons. The setting is here to tell if when a VT scan is requested by the engine we automatically approve it, reject it, or always ask permission to upload.

That setting will be clarified in the next version.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hey hey,
2 things:
  • I think this is more a display issue, but the JSON report will tell us what's the real target behind the IE process (the missing one)
  • VT setting isn't here to enforce VT scanning, the engine decides first if a scan is needed or not. Not all files are scanned with VT, for both performance and policies (VT policies) reasons. The setting is here to tell if when a VT scan is requested by the engine we automatically approve it, reject it, or always ask permission to upload.
That setting will be clarified in the next version.

Ah okay thank you very much for your Infos

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

V13.1.5 02/18/2019
=================
- Updated to core 3.0.3
* Added ability to read encrypted signatures packages (AV detection mitigation)

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

V13.1.6 02/25/2019
=================

- Updated to core 3.0.4
* Added Firefox registry addons search
* Fixed registry items duplicates on scan
- Fixed translations
- Removed tray icon in portable version
- Fixed freeze on custom scan selection
- Fixed autostart minimize on Free version
- Fixed autostart initial state
- Minor fixes

With best Regards
Mops21

Last edited:

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Rogue Anti-Malware 13.1.7.0

V13.1.7 03/05/2019

- Updated to core 3.0.5
* Fixed WebScanner mitigation
* Disabled PUM.StartMenu for RogueKiller
* Fixed Appdata scan duplicate
* Fixed LocalAppdata scan duplicate
- Fixed an issue with renewal links

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Rogue Anti-Malware 13.1.8.0

V13.1.8 03/11/2019

=================

- Updated to core 3.0.6

* Bug fixes

With best Regards
Mops21

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Rogue Anti-Malware 13.1.9

V13.1.9 03/27/2019
=================
- Fixed marketing notification, now won't show at startup after first time
- Updated to core 3.0.7
* Fixed crash in notifications engine
* Fixed COM initialization in real time services
* Fixed Scanner queue initialization
* MSHTA and WScript detections
* Minor Bug fixes

With best Regards
Mops21

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.