Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Rogue Anti-Malware 13.5.1.0

V13.5.1 10/07/2019
=================

- Updated to core 3.2.9
* Fixed a handle leak when scanning big files
* Minor fixes
- Fixed an issue in Scheduled scan settings (impossible to set minutes value)

With best Regards
Mops21

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Please check for a white screen during installation of version 13.2.1.0? NVDIA graphics driver 436.48. Windows 10 1903 18362.388.

update: the revised version is now 13.5.2.0 but the white screen persists, at least on this machine. :devil:

bandicam2019-10-0712-27-47-804.gif

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Please check for a white screen during installation of version 13.2.1.0? NVDIA graphics driver 436.48. Windows 10 1903 18362.388.

update: the revised version is now 13.5.2.0 but the white screen persists, at least on this machine. :devil:

I didn't get the white screen effect,...Maybe because I downloaded the portable version?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
venustus, to check, what I did just now is DDU'd the graphics driver and ran the RK installer with just the intel basic graphics and the same white screen occurred. You did the portable? Yes, here is the full installer. Hopefully someone saw this already. I also posted the issue on "the other forum." No errors in Event Viewer either. :unsure: It also knocked out my Edge browser which was open to the Adlice page during installation.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
venustus, to check, what I did just now is DDU'd the graphics driver and ran the RK installer with just the intel basic graphics and the same white screen occurred. You did the portable? Yes, here is the full installer. Hopefully someone saw this already. I also posted the issue on "the other forum." No errors in Event Viewer either. :unsure:
Can confirm that the installer causes the effect...In my case the screen went blue for a few seconds!o_O
The portable seems to be fine.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
venustus, that's interesting ...and scary. :emoji_grimacing: So there's an issue with the installer, it seems. Also, can the developer confirm whether the right-click scan option is fully functional in the free version? The option is there but the scanner reported 0 items scanned when tested on a few downloads.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Rogue Anti-Malware 13.5.2.0

V13.5.2 10/07/2019
=================
- Updated to core 3.2.10
* Fixed an issue where advert tasks were re-added (and cleared) on network issues

With best Regards
Mops21

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Problem with the installer causing blue or white screen during installation persists....Portable version is ok

Reactions: bribon77 and plat

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Regarding the right-click context menu option, this is your portable version, venustus? It seems to work on the fully installed version, I checked it with another section of Explorer.

bandicam2019-10-0713-52-47-233.gif

In general, this is a fantastic feature, I don't expect this in a free software. :emoji_ok_hand: But I would like him to confirm this.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Regarding the right-click context menu option, this is your portable version, venustus? It seems to work on the fully installed version, I checked it with another section of Explorer.

In general, this is a fantastic feature, I don't expect this in a free software. :emoji_ok_hand: But I would like him to confirm this.
Thanks!!:)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, the issue didn't end there, lol. I went into my kitchen for something and while there, those Microsoft chimes you hear like from Action Center just started going off and kept on and on. The machine was totally idle. It was the RogueKiller box in the lower right side just stuck there and I could not X out of it. To make it stop, I had to open Task Manager and end task. I felt these problems merited posting on Adlice site, so that's what I did.

Link to post. I don't like posting on forums that much, just here primarily. Had to register and the captchas are endless. :rolleyes: Oh well.

YouTube video

Edit: I'll tack on something but I hate that little message that you edited your post. Anyway, it's seems the right-click scan option is officially legit as of two months ago. (y) Super! Now to wait for these bug-lettes to get ironed out.

RK CONTEXT MENU.PNG

Last edited:

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Does it have real-time protection?
We will soon ;)

I see that option in settings but it is greyed out so I can't use it...In the free version:
Actually it's because you use the portable version.
The Shell extension is only available with the installed version, because it requires some kind of persistence (at least a consistent path), and the shell extension DLL. But it's available with Free, of course.

Link to post. I don't like posting on forums that much, just here primarily. Had to register and the captchas are endless. :rolleyes: Oh well.
Thanks for your feedback, it sounds like a crash indeed. We'll answer you there.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
I don't see my answer for the "white/blue screen", not sure where it is. Let me repost.
It's because the installer is stopping/restarting explorer.exe. This is the only way (for now) on Windows to replace a shell extension DLL...
The shell extension is loaded into explorer.exe (and sometimes other processes), so the file can only be replaced either at reboot, or by stopping explorer.exe; We choose that instead of forcing a reboot.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
This is a hoot, I look to replace another paid on-demand with this one and all this circus breaks out. Sorry about that. :rolleyes:

A general observation: I can understand to a point that if you use a free version of a software, don't expect to get anything premium. Fine. Then my efforts to report these unacceptable issues to you is also worth something, no? I ask for nothing by the way, it's rhetorical and criticizes the nit-picking. If one has a browser open while installing RK, boom, there goes your browser with any tabs and work. HitmanPro can install without this Explorer quirk--wth. Insofar as the broken mechanism to draw attention to your ads, I'm virtually certain this is not unique to me; let someone else with the issue provide the dumps.

I used RogueKiller for several years as a donation-ware, meaning I paid decent little sums for using it maybe a handful of times for a better, more comprehensive scan. A free version is a good way to evaluate whether to spring for a paid sub as I happen to be in the market for one. Thanks for explaining the situation but this was some bad timing. Good luck to you, sir.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
@plat1098 I'm not sure what's your point, you can understand this is a general behavior ? I mean if you have a long history with the software it's fine, but the software doesn't know it. It just behaves like on thousands of other machines. If licensing is an issue, this is something for humans (sales, support) and we can always find a way to reward past donations, bug reporting, and such. Just let us know.

If the notifications are hanging all the time, the best for now I think would be to disable them in the General Settings. That would hide the issue (not solve it though, it's our job). For the update issue, it should NOT close BROWSERS. That's not expected, it's just restarting explorer.exe, you will certainly loose opened windows, that's all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.