Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
1. So just to confirm does Realtime protection use Machine Learning and AI?
2. If it does detect something with machine learning or AI does it show AI detection in notification?
3. It seems Real-time protection is using quite a lot of CPU even if I am doing nothing. Many other products use nearly 0% CPU if just on Desktop. For me it can use 1-5% or when opening stuff like 20%.

Reactions: roger_m

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
1. So just to confirm does Realtime protection use Machine Learning and AI?
2. If it does detect something with machine learning or AI does it show AI detection in notification?
3. It seems Real-time protection is using quite a lot of CPU even if I am doing nothing. Many other products use nearly 0% CPU if just on Desktop. For me it can use 1-5% or when opening stuff like 20%.

1. Yes, it's a module used for both scanning and protecting.
2. Yes, it will show something like "MalPE.XX" where XX is the AI score.
3. That is strange, is it the service using CPU or you see System process CPU spike ? The service does pretty much nothing when you don't open anything.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
That is strange, is it the service using CPU or you see System process CPU spike ? The service does pretty much nothing when you don't open anything.
Here is a video showing what the CPU is doing. It is not doing any scan or anything. The computer is idle with web browser open though.

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Here is a video showing what the CPU is doing. It is not doing any scan or anything. The computer is idle with web browser open though.
There's maybe things you don't see. Can you send me the file located in C:/ProgramData/RogueKiller/Debug/RogueKillerSVC.log ?

Tigzy

From Adlice
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Thanks @Andrew999. I think the last lines are for the newer version, I see most of the activity is related to vivaldi, probably new tabs opening (if it works like Chrome). Do you think it's possible for you to redo the same and let the machine run idle for like 10-15 mns and give me the time period you let it run (+ file, please in PM) ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.