Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Still found nothing compare to rollback rx
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Can-someone-suggest-me-alternative-to-rollbackrx

D

Deleted member 178

Comodo Time Machine is a free clone of RX, but very buggy in some system. (read all thread in comodo forum before installing)

Diskshot is the one that come closer but only in Korean language.

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
What do you think about Fartone RestorIT: http://www.farstone.com/software/restore-it.php ?

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
im using farstone restoreit i had a momentthat i might had to reinstall windows 7 again but thank god for restoreit great software no more reinstalling windows 7 it takes an snapshoot every 24 hours but i think you can make it every 12 hours i have to check out the settings tho

D

Deleted member 178

MrExplorer said:
When we RollBack our PC with RollBack Rx 10, All the files which deleted are they saved anywhere.

Each snapshot contains ALL the files that were present on your system partition during the snapshot creation. The Snapshots are saved in a hidden protected location on your system partition,; so if you delete some important files , you just have to load the snapshot that contain them.

I use RX to test softwares; for example, i have a "Test" snapshot without any security apps on it, i install KIS for a test, then after, i want test another apps; instead of uninstalling KIS, i reload the "Test" snapshot.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Each snapshot contains ALL the files that were present on your system partition during the snapshot creation. The Snapshots are saved in a hidden protected location on your system partition,; so if you delete some important files , you just have to load the snapshot that contain them.

I use RX to test softwares; for example, i have a "Test" snapshot without any security apps on it, i install KIS for a test, then after, i want test another apps; instead of uninstalling KIS, i reload the "Test" snapshot.

I mean to say that when i had some problem in my PC & i recover the my Windows by the Snapshot. mean all file that removed when the last snapshot is recovered are that files saved or just all that deleted.

Fartone RestorIT. It is Free or Paid

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
i got a free licence mrexplorer it was a giveaway i'll check see if it still on and PM you a link ok if you dont get a PM from me then its done ok

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
You maybe interest in this if you have Windows 8.
Read about:
http://techpp.com/2012/11/09/use-recimg-for-backup-and-restore-in-windows-8/

Link to install:
https://www.slimwareutilities.com/recimg_manager.php

not a replacement for RollBack Rx 10. Just a different way of doing something!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Beside that I've posted the link from AlernativeTo for Rollback RX, a might close for this software is Keriver 1-Click Restore which popped out through my mind.

Free and Paid version is available. :)

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
MrExplorer said:
I mean to say that when i had some problem in my PC & i recover the my Windows by the Snapshot. mean all file that removed when the last snapshot is recovered are that files saved or just all that deleted.

It depends, if you have taken a snapshot of your current system before Rolling back(By default this option is ticked) then all you need to do is go to the particular snapshot under "Snapshot History" right click THAT snapshot then click "Explore Snapshot" and the files in that snapshot will be mounted to a virtual drive where you can do anything with that :D

May be its sounding a bit confusing but just give it a try and you will understand ;)

D

Deleted member 178

Deep Freeze is a virtualization software similar to Shadow Defender , not really a Rx type of software

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.