RollBack RX Corrupted Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tani

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
This happened yesterday, I installed Rollback RX to get its experience as I had won its license, once I installed it in background & was completing my assignments on ms word it asked if it should restart upon completion of setup I unchecked "Restart Now" & pressed ok but I observed in the blink of an eye that box was still checked, probably I'd to it carefully, well as soon as my laptop restarted it went into blue screen of death :(

I uninstalled Rollback RX from the boot menu (it pops up once you install it before your windows starts loading) but nothing changed, tried to repair via windows usb (iso installed usb) but that didn't work as well neither I was able to boot into safe mode (same bsod error on safe mode as well along with few other modes like disabling malware checks & so).

I simply had to reinstall my operating system, thankfully I'd already created a folder in D drive with latest software's exes so installed them, kept laptop on updating & installation of ms office whole night & it's up once again :)

What didn't work for me may be it works for you but be aware if you're willing to use Rollback RX or other backup/recovery software that work in that manner, this (& may be few others) are still not optimized for latest Operating System.

2VcKjRZ.jpg

Last edited:

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Hi, Tani

Someone told me that Rollback Rx doesn't support Windows 10 now. They want to release a new version at the beginning of January in 2016. I don't know if it is true. Personally, I don't like this product. last week I installed Rollback Rx on my current laptop. I played with snapshot settings and finally had to reinstall Windows 7. There was a mistake like winlogon.exe is corrupted. I hadn't recovery disks to fix this trouble, it was easy for me to reinstall Os rather fixing this issue

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Hi, Tani

Someone told me that Rollback Rx doesn't support Windows 10 now. They want to release a new version at the beginning of January in 2016. I don't know if it is true. Personally, I don't like this product. last week I installed Rollback Rx on my current laptop. I played with snapshot settings and finally had to reinstall Windows 7. There was a mistake like winlogon.exe is corrupted. I hadn't recovery disks to fix this trouble, it was easy for me to reinstall Os rather fixing this issue
http://community.horizondatasys.com...-sys-win-10-updates-will-come-in-january-2016
Yup, they will begin to support it early next year. I do like the principle behind it but it's a buggy mess and still doesn't really support TRIM on SSDs, which they will never fix since it's intended.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Sometimes the category of rollback snapshots are dangerous in such term it will access volume shadow copy and such in related to copy everything.

One of the issue also is the shutdown times can last a little longer unless its already fix the issue.

The best way is to create system image which you can revert any changes as possible.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Microsoft’s newest operating system (OS) Windows 10 is just around the corner.

On July 29, 2015 the new OS will be made available to the public and Microsoft has promised all Windows 7 and 8 owners the option to upgrade for free within one year of its release. That’s an enticing offer, and we anticipate many of our users will want to upgrade in that time.

However, it’s important to note officially RollBack Rx Professional and Home versions 10.3, Drive Vaccine version 10.4, Drive Cloner Rx 5.1, and Reboot Restore Rx are not compatible with Windows 10. A new update is needed for all our programs which we are planning to release as our next major upgrade to bring us up to RollBack Rx version 11, Drive Vaccine version 11, and with Drive Cloner Rx’s upgrade to be announced soon after those are complete.

Our developers, after looking into the Windows 10 Preview and anticipating the necessary changes to make RollBack Rx compatible, are predicting a six-month period after Windows 10′s release to have it up and running. Therefore the goal for us is to have our software fully functional with a redesigned GUI by January, 2016.

While we understand many of our users will want to use our software on Windows 10 as soon as possible, this timeline is necessary when dealing with a program such as ours as it functions not just on the Windows file level, but the sector level as well. This allows our programs to have tighter security and integral failsafes, but it also means a deeper overhaul when dealing with a new OS to ensure the quality of the product stays intact.

Until then our users should not install any of our instant recovery software such as RollBack Rx, Drive Vaccine, Drive Cloner Rx, or the Microsoft steadystate alternative Reboot Restore Rx on any Windows 10 machine. While internally initial tests have shown the OS to successfully allow an install, the subsequent use (i.e. taking/loading of snapshots, restoring the LGK in Drive Vaccine, etc.) has varied results.

If you do plan on upgrading to Windows 10 prior to the release of version 11, you must uninstall our software first.

http://blog.horizondatasys.com/a-road-map-for-windows-10-and-rollback-rx/

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It's probably a good idea to research the compatibility of your programs prior to using them and a good idea to uninstall your antivirus program and other software,such as Rollback RX,prior to upgrading to Windows 10. It is just to early on into Windows 10 to be sure that everything is compatible.Of course this is no fault of Microsoft but the software vendors.

I always enable system restore once Rollback Rx is installed.Rollback Rx disables system restore so once it has been installed I enable it again.This was especially useful when it crashes on dual boot systems and you truly find yourself back in time,Like 4 months or so :D I have to agree with Umbra it is not for the faint of heart and you really need to learn how to use it.I must say it has saved me more than a few times!

Last edited:

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
indeed.

RX is for elite advanced users that are not afraid to reinstall their OS often :D

Haven't reinstalled yet.

One of the issue also is the shutdown times can last a little longer unless its already fix the issue.

Number one on my Fix-it Wish List. Defragging also add to boot time

Totally agree with @exterminator20 to check for compatibilities first before diving in

Reactions: jamescv7 and XhenEd

KokoKid

Level 4
Verified
Sep 27, 2015
Well, just got this message. Awesome! Luckily Windows updated a critical update yesterday and it appeared in my System Restore menu, so hurrah for automatic updates!

whoops sorry didn't realize this was back in August xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 178

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
For the sake of curiosity and possibly to help inform our members and visitors.

The Windows 10 users that have this software, what have been your experience? Good, bad, disastrous due to Windows update, etc?

D

Deleted member 178

For the sake of curiosity and possibly to help inform our members and visitors.

The Windows 10 users that have this software, what have been your experience? Good, bad, disastrous due to Windows update, etc?

1- read my guidelines: Rollback RX users guidelines

2- it works flawlessly since the win10 version is out. The few way to get it crash the system is by an hard shutdown during boot or restore/backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.