On Sale! RollBack Rx Professional, Reboot Restore Rx Pro and Drive Cloner Rx

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

misior

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Save BIG on Horizon DataSys software including RollBack Rx Professional, Reboot Restore Rx Pro and Drive Cloner Rx with our Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal.

The promotion runs from November 24-28, 2016
1.png

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Reliable then??
Nope. :D

Its disadvantage is its known instability. Its advantage is its swift rollback compared to others. If you have another backup in place, then you may be safe. There's an unofficial document made by an expert user detailing the do's and don'ts of RB Rx.

Umbra and Jeff are the ones I know that use it and would recommend it. :)

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Nope. :D

Its disadvantage is its known instability. Its advantage is its swift rollback compared to others. If you have another backup in place, then you may be safe. There's an unofficial document made by an expert user detailing the do's and don'ts of RB Rx.

Umbra and Jeff are the ones I know that use it and would recommend it. :)
Thanks, you've jogged a memory about a similar discussion I've already read about the pitfalls of this software - IIRC it doesn't play well with non standard disk layouts or something like that?

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I don't really understand :/

Is it unstable installed, or does it become unstable when trying to rollback the system ?
Can be both? :D

But most of the problems I read are about the rolling back of the system.

It was only lately that I read from Jeff to be cautious about RB Rx's latest version as it caused unbootable OS on his. Just recently, one user here complained similar.

Anyway, when I used it, I encountered no problems, except on my first try. That was because I didn't heed its do's and don'ts. :D

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thanks, you've jogged a memory about a similar discussion I've already read about the pitfalls of this software - IIRC it doesn't play well with non standard disk layouts or something like that?
I'm not exactly sure about that. But yeah, there are things that one must not do, if they want their OS alive. :D

But as I said, have a backup, if you want this.
It's a very useful rollback software, when I used it. Never gave me problems after knowing what to do. :)

koko

Level 5
Verified
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 28, 2013
Can be both? :D

But most of the problems I read are about the rolling back of the system.

It was only lately that I read from Jeff to be cautious about RB Rx's latest version as it caused unbootable OS on his. Just recently, one user here complained similar.

Anyway, when I used it, I encountered no problems, except on my first try. That was because I didn't heed its do's and don'ts. :D

And where can I find the do's and don'ts ? :D

D

Deleted member 2913

Thats a interessting discount! Do you recommend buying rollback rx pro ?
Snapshot creating/restoring is fast.
RollbackRx modifies MBR so guess no 2 software modifying MBR should be installed.
RollbackRx modifies MBR so Windows Updates that will touch MBR can mess RollbackRx & so system unbootable. So it is recommended to uninstall RollbackRx for Windows Updates.

Umbra can give you more info on RollbackRx usage & precautions.

There is a free Home version of RollbackRx too. You may try it & compare the features with Pro version & decide if you need the Pro features.

D

Deleted member 2913

I don't really understand :/

Is it unstable installed, or does it become unstable when trying to rollback the system ?
I have Pro version. And had set the schedule to create snapshots hourly (Dont know schedule editing is available in free version or not?)
I did many restore And never had any probs uninstalling/installing, creating/restoring snapshots.

Currently I am running AX64 V2.

Reactions: XhenEd and askmark

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.