Rollback RX users guidelines

Discussion in 'Rollback and Virtualisation' started by Umbra, Nov 29, 2015.

Did you follow these advices?

1. Yes, i didn't know such risks were possible

2. No

0 vote(s)
  3. No, I knew them already

1. Umbra

Umbra Level 61
    Content Creator

May 16, 2011
    Beta tester
    Europe > S-E Asia
    Windows 10
    The issue is just about TRIM, RX said they support it, while experimented users said no it doesn't.
    Av Gurus likes this.
  2. crezz

crezz Level 3

Jun 6, 2017
    Other OS
    I just asked the following questions to Horizon by email...

Just to be clear, is it only the snapshots that are encrypted ? If I want to transfer my personal files onto a clean installation of Windows, will they be encrypted if I put them on my hard drive first and then install Rollback, OR to encrypt them do I need to install Rollback first and then transfer all my personal files (about 90GB worth of data).

The answer i got from Horizon was this...

No, it's the drive itself. Doesn't matter, either way they're encrypted.

Does anyone know if this is actually correct ?

Is it still a good idea to un-install Rollback every once in a while to keep the SSD fully optimised ? And is there a way of saving snapshots on an external hard drive so i can re-load them later.

The answer i got from Horizon was this...

Doesn't make a difference either way. No, you can't save or move the snapshots to any place aside from the sector level of the primary drive.

Would people also agree with this ?

Thanks for your help and comments.
  3. Umbra

Umbra Level 61
    Content Creator

May 16, 2011
    Beta tester
    Europe > S-E Asia
    Windows 10
    1- i think; not sure
    2- yes
    crezz and XhenEd like this.
  4. XhenEd

XhenEd Level 27
    Content Creator Trusted

Mar 1, 2014
    Windows 10
    crezz, Av Gurus, Weebarra and 2 others like this.