Solved RollBack Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
I just tried to install RX myself too, but it failes to identify my GPT Partioned Drive....

BUT been told that RX doesn't support GPT/UEFI drives

So, what happens now for to have a rollback like funcionality?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would have advised to READ before installing any software that may be incompatible with your Partition layout (ie. GPT).

Upvote 0

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Expected to work since it was an earlier release.

Any GPT rollback-like alternatives?

Upvote 0

ScottP

Jan 23, 2013
Hey, although new to this forum and just stumbled across this thread as I was also looking for what experts are saying about this RollBack Rx software. I have been using RollBack Rx, although not for a very long time and find it more than satisfactory. However, yes it does not GPT partitioning in the previous version. There is a new version being released for Windows 8 compatible and probably does support GPT partition. I have yet to try it out. Will let you all know soon. If anyone else interested, here is a post from their forum along with their pre-release of the new version : http://horizondatasys-forum.com/rollback-rx/23830-rollback-rx-v10-pre-release.html.

And I have previously said, I have yet to try it out. So if anyone is a ahead of me and knows whats going on with the new version, do let me know. Much Appreciated.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

My review of RX (v9.1) : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Review-Rollback-RX-Pro

this version is Win8 compatible if you are in MBR mode.

About v10 pre-release, i will not useit, it needs more testing, and i don't want any "beta" touch my MBR.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.