"Run as administrator" doesn't show up on some apps

foxtrot19

Thread author
Jun 22, 2020
So I just reinstalled my laptop with Windows 10 Pro, but for some reason I can't open some apps that uses the "Run as administrator" permission and it closes instantly so I need to run it as admin manually which really affect some apps like task manager

I have done some stuffs like changing the drive owner, turning off the UAC, and giving full access to my Windows account but it still doesn't work and it only worked when I use the Administrator account

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you install Run as Administrator from a registry file (.reg) from the Internet, or modified the Windows Registry yourself?

You don't really need to Run as Administrator for the majority of applications.

Are you using a Standard account?

Upvote 0

foxtrot19

Thread author
Jun 22, 2020
Did you install Run as Administrator from a registry file (.reg) from the Internet, or modified the Windows Registry yourself?

You don't really need to Run as Administrator for the majority of applications.

Are you using a Standard account?
I modified the registry before, but it's not on the Run as Administrator part
And I'm using Administrator account but I don't know why I can't run some app with admin permission and must do it manually like I need to run task manager using the search bar with the "Run as Administrator" or else it would just close

Upvote 0

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I modified the registry before, but it's not on the Run as Administrator part
And I'm using Administrator account but I don't know why I can't run some app with admin permission and must do it manually like I need to run task manager using the search bar with the "Run as Administrator" or else it would just close
What are your registry values under the key below?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

It is also possible that something blocks these processes (like task manager) with standard rights or forces them to start with standard rights, so you must force the execution with admin rights. Did you apply SRP or some security application that uses file/folder permissions to block applications?

What concrete applications have this issue?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Okay problem solved, turns out the registry for got edited by a virus and after I edited it back to default the feature is back again but thanks for the help
I hope that you don't use this system now.
Once compromised, all trust is gone. System need to be clean installed and all passwords/ login data in generally need to be changed cause all your data is now compromised.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.