Advice Request Running a VM with Windows 7?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
I want to know if and how I could do this cheaply.
I've got a Windows 7 host and I want to make a virtual machine with Windows 7 as the guest.
How would activation work?
Could I get around having to activate it again, since I can't really afford another £100 for an activation license?
I want to use it for malware testing, so I'd be using snapshots a lot.
Thanks for any advice you may offer in advance.

P

Plexx

@WinAndLinux: Paragon is what I use for a full system backup. have a look at the info posted on the link of my post in page 1.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Biozfear said:
@WinAndLinux: Paragon is what I use for a full system backup. have a look at the info posted on the link of my post in page 1.

One of the nice things about Paragon is that it can make clones of your physical machine in the popular VM formats.

I have a VM clone of my physical system to test how beta software will interact with the other software I have installed.

P

Plexx

HeffeD, do you know what fixes or differences are between 11 and 12 of Paragon backup and recovery free?
Couldn't really find it nor noticed any differences at first glance.

P

Plexx

Guess Ill revert back to 11 since its been stable for me.
Will try to search around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.