Ryzen 3 is here

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
As before, the Ryzen 3 1300X will operate at a base frequency of 3.5GHz with a boost frequency of 3.7GHz, while the slightly lower-end 1200 drops that to 3.1GHz with a 3.4GHz boost. Both parts are unlocked, so the pricier 1300X seems less attractive to us at $130, which is only $40 away from the SMT-enabled R5 1400. At $110, the R3 1200 offers $60 in savings over the R5 1400 and seems like a better buy for budget builders.

We're curious to see how much slower the SMT-less Ryzen 3 processors are, particularly when compared to similarly priced Intel CPUs. Doing this is a little tricky because as we explained before, Intel's CPUs make little sense here and the $80 Pentium G4560 eliminates everything right up to the $190 Core i5-7400. In other words, everything priced below $180 in Intel's current lineup is pointless, including the company's entire Kaby Lake Core i3 range.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Haven't decided yet if they are worth it so i will have to research it a bit more until i figure this out 100%. At this moment though it seems that for the average GAMER a 1200 is your value bet and the 1600 for the more expensive builds.
Btw these things don't have a gpu so they can't be used in an office so they are useless for most offices.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Very true. In the end, if you're really tight on budged Ryzen 3 1200 seems to be best bang for the buck considering that you can overclock it to 3,8GHz with a stock cooler with decent temps and noise. If you have a little more go with Ryzen 5 1600. For office stuff you'll have to wait for Ryzen APUs to come out. :)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Very true. In the end, if you're really tight on budged Ryzen 3 1200 seems to be best bang for the buck considering that you can overclock it to 3,8GHz with a stock cooler with decent temps and noise. If you have a little more go with Ryzen 5 1600. For office stuff you'll have to wait for Ryzen APUs to come out. :)
Yep, if the apu are not a bust and try to put a lot of gpu power and lowering cpu power they will kill the pentium and i3's for sure and they will fight the i5s for office applications.
Office computers is a big market so i hope they don't mess it up so intel will be forced to lower their high prices.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.