s_a config

s_a

Thread author
Aug 4, 2014
Its my default config,for over two years but nothing bypassed.
I like testing security extensions inside sandboxie,but all look redurand.

thanks
s_a

Reactions: vrb93

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I'm not a fan of vista, but if it works for you then keep it and for your configuration it looks good but I don't think MSE is that great with real-time protection however you should be just fine with malwarebytes on the system just do a weekly scan or whatever you prefer. If you want to replace MSE then you should replace it with Avast as it is light and it does the job.

About Window Vista
I don't really know much about it, but could you tell me if it receives updates?

s_a

Thread author
Aug 4, 2014
hi,Fantasy

I installed MSE a year ago although i beleive any AV is redurand when using Sbie and really dont need it.
I test almost every free AV available and i think its the best companion to sbie.
Used to use avast a lot time ago but testing it nowadays i think it has a lot of problems,at least in my mashines.

As for Vista,after the SP1,a lot time ago,its very trustable and hearldy found any differences from W7.
Of course,its puntched every month.

Reactions: vrb93

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good. I would consider upgrading the OS but I also used XP long into Widows 7 release so I am not one to talk.Thanks for sharing your config :)

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Good the you ae satisfied with MSE. Although just in case you want to try a better Free AVs out there, you'll have to uninstall MSE so there will be no redundancy. Be careful with Sandboxie, there is a new strain of malware that bypasses it and executes outside the box.

s_a

Thread author
Aug 4, 2014
thanks for all your suggestions.

WinXPert
I really dont think i need an AV,but since my home laptop is shared,i installed smthing for just in case..
In my opinion,all AVs have problems,combability,perfomance penaltys,leak data,slow down browsing,dont say that are useless,but you cant rely on them.
Sandboxie from the other hand,never gave me a single problem,its light,the right softwear if you care about your privacy and security and when i read the posts in their forum for some time now,nothing ever bypassed it.
I ve heard of someones test inside it(as far as i can tell,i think that after reboot the system remained clear) but if smthing attacks in kernel mode,nothing can save you.

hi Huracan,
you re right,just forgot it...,Vista have already SP2.

Reactions: WinXPert

s_a

Thread author
Aug 4, 2014
hi,Cats-4_Owners-2,

yes,i use CC,just forgot to write it down,maybe i need another coffee.

As for malware domains list,i also think its useful,but i dont want to blow up ABP and the browser with all those lists and since WOT updating its URLs from
sources such as malwaredomains.com,it might be overlapping.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
hi,Cats-4_Owners-2,

yes,i use CC,just forgot to write it down,maybe i need another coffee.

As for malware domains list,i also think its useful,but i dont want to blow up ABP and the browser with all those lists and since WOT updating its URLs from
sources such as malwaredomains.com,it might be overlapping.
Understood, and I will agree you are right about how unnecessary repetition of lists can weigh down performance.:)
You really didn't forget to include CCleaner,:rolleyes: ..but go ahead and have another coffee anyway!!:D

M

MalwareT

Upgrade Vista to 7 or 8.1, i had Vista and it's totally unstable system. I'm using 7 and 8.1 and they are nice,stable and user friendly. Anyways, nice config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.