SALE: Comodo Internet Security Pro for $4.99!

jn221

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
Comodo Internet Security Pro
$4.99 1 Year 1 PC
3 PC 1 Year for $9.99
Eligible on Comodo main Home Product page
When you add it to your cart it will bill you for

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Step 1

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
$4.99 1 Year 1 PC
3 PC 1 Year for $9.99

This has been the case for a number of weeks. Everything pointing to paid product. The latest rumour is that the website is being updated and CIS/CAV/CF will remain free and we should see it on Wednesday but that came via the ITarian Forum when someone asked over there. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

P.S. There are links in the Comodo forum to the free downloads but I'd wait and find out what changes have come about later this week.

Erz

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
$4.99 1 Year 1 PC
3 PC 1 Year for $9.99
What a deal !!! To get for $4.99 what was free before :cautious::cautious::cautious:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Not a fan nor a critic, but I am very curious what impact migrating to a paid product will have on the fanatic forum users of Comodo.

Personally I have always wondered why newcomers in the security industry did not adopt the micro license of apps (asking less than 5 or 2 dollars for a yearly license). So from a marketing perspective it is very interesting how this evolves.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Not a fan nor a critic, but I am very curious what impact migrating to a paid product will have on the fanatic forum users of Comodo.

Personally I have always wondered why newcomers in the security industry did not adopt the micro license of apps (asking less than 5 or 2 dollars for a yearly license). So from a marketing perspective it is very interesting how this evolves.
It might actually be to our advantage if they adopt a "micro license" like you said, because it will provide funds for development.

jn221

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
This has been the case for a number of weeks. Everything pointing to paid product. The latest rumour is that the website is being updated and CIS/CAV/CF will remain free and we should see it on Wednesday but that came via the ITarian Forum when someone asked over there. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

P.S. There are links in the Comodo forum to the free downloads but I'd wait and find out what changes have come about later this week.

Erz
What kind of changes are they doing ? I dont really stay on top of Comodo that much i just was browsing their site (I prefer Kaspersky over Comodo in a hear beat)

What a deal !!! To get for $4.99 what was free before :cautious::cautious::cautious:
Its not too bad for their Pro version but I wanted free

There you have it. People aren't even willing to pay $5. And then they wonder why, eventually, their favorite softs die.

Reactions: Tiny

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
What kind of changes are they doing ? I dont really stay on top of Comodo that much i just was browsing their site (I prefer Kaspersky over Comodo in a hear beat)

Nothing as of yet as far as I can tell. The website all pointed to the paid for product only and it was difficult to find where to get the free version. I think issue mainly was that the website changed all of a sudden, without any info form Comodo itself and then a couple of weeks later the forum was hacked. Comodo was always promised to be free.

Anyway, seems that everything now has a free download link next to the paid one. I've moved over to WD and Andy Ful's H_C which seems to be working great.

Erz

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Nothing as of yet as far as I can tell. The website all pointed to the paid for product only and it was difficult to find where to get the free version. I think issue mainly was that the website changed all of a sudden, without any info form Comodo itself and then a couple of weeks later the forum was hacked. Comodo was always promised to be free.

Anyway, seems that everything now has a free download link next to the paid one. I've moved over to WD and Andy Ful's H_C which seems to be working great.

Erz
I didn't try the free link, which they just added, but it says it is for CIS. That means you have to be careful during installation to use the advanced settings and untick the AV component, if you want just the firewall. If you forget, even after installation you can still uninstall the AV component if you want to. At least that's the way it used to be.

Reactions: ErzCrz

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I didn't try the free link, which they just added, but it says it is for CIS. That means you have to be careful during installation to use the advanced settings and untick the AV component, if you want just the firewall. If you forget, even after installation you can still uninstall the AV component if you want to. At least that's the way it used to be.

Yes, it's always been a minefield making sure you deselect the components you don't want that and the secondary offer of a third party paid product which was a recent addition. Not to mention the Yahoo and DNS changes.

Anyway, back to the way it used to be, as you say ;)

Reactions: shmu26

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.