SamChan's Configuration

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
When you have a premium version of Malwarebytes why not use it in realtime instead of SAS ? Try Lastpass for password manager. Add some kind of backup to your system. Remaining things looks good.

SamChan

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 20, 2011
Thanks KaptainBug for your reply. ^_^

I also used Malwarebytes in realtime, but the new version MBAM 2.0 used too much RAM, it's about 110 MB, actually much more; so I decided to use it on-demand malware scanner.

I also try Sticky Password but it's complicated to me, so I uninstalled it.

Maybe I will try Lastpass and one backup program. ^_^

SamChan

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 20, 2011
Nice config. Why you are disappointed by Webroot realtime protection ?
Because I ran SUPERAntiSpyware, it caught a lot of adware tracking cookies that Webroot missed. Webroot cannot prevent my PC from adware and spyware.

Sp1? Would suggest some type of backup.Thanks for sharing your config :)
Yes, it's SP1. :) Maybe I need some kind of backup. ^_^

SamChan

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 20, 2011
I think kaspersky would be better than webroot.
yes, I agree with you.

update :

Removed : Webroot SecureAnywhere, Malwarebytes, Winrar.
Added : Kaspersky Internet Security 2014, Power Archiver pro, Image for Windows, TuneUp 2012.

vmserv

Level 2
Verified
Apr 18, 2014
Hello SamChan,

Looks like a great configuration. I personally would recommend Kaspersky as its real-time protection, KSN cloud service and web filter are excellent. I don't have much else to say. Be aware that, if you wish to enable detection of PUP, Adware etc, you will have to enable that by going into the settings.

If you have Malwarebytes Premium, I suggest you keep it. It is always good to have a second-opinion scanner.

Reactions: SamChan

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Solid config! You can try out Qihu TS(free) as it has best pro-active protection;if you want a paid AV ESET SS is a great option.I also use Soda PDF(3D) like you:cool: Zoom Player is a paid one,isn't it ?

Reactions: SamChan

SamChan

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 20, 2011
@nelu68 : I have updated to Mozilla 34.0.5. I think it better than the older versions. :)
@Kent : I never trust Qihoo. I intended to install Avast Internet Security, but it's not compatible with windows 10, so I installed Eset Smart Security 8. I agree with you, Eset is a good option. :cool: Soda PDF is good ;) Zoom Player is free, but I don't use it anymore, I use Splash Lite now, this media player is absolutely great. :) (it's free). :cool:
@King Mellow : Thanks for your suggestion to me, but I think SAS is ok. :D
@Cats-4_Owners-2 : I never use SelfDestructingCookies or No Script because I think that extensions can make Firefox slower. I use CCleaner to clear cookies instead. :D

Last edited:

SamChan

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 20, 2011
I removed Eset Smart Security 8 and installed BitDefender Internet Security 2015.
BIS 2015 is very compatible with windows 10, it runs smoothly and without slowing down the system too much. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.