samidelcueva security configuration

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Does Comodo have exploit protection? I don't really know but if not get MBAE Free. Also adding Zemana Anti-Malware is another highly regarded scanner (Its REALLY good!.) :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015

Pretty interesting I would use Avast Website Rater. WOT is great but it can be VERY heavy on the system. Most browsers automatically update their plugins and the user already has CCleaner. :)

Other than that using CIS's Sandbox and adding an Anti-Exploit and following some of the tips above would be a great idea.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
SpyShelter or Zemana AntiKeylogger would be a good addition.

HitmanPro.Alert.

I prefer Webutation over Web of Trust.

Last edited:

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Nice config, I'd go with @exterminator20 suggestion and also add Zemana Anti-malware its a good 2nd on-demand scanner.

Thanks for sharing your config!:cool:

Reactions: Noxx

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice configuration, just tweak your CIS properly in order to achieve meaningful results. ;)

Follow the suggestions for backup, nothing will be wasted when you create a plan B.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Hi & thanks for sharing your security Config :)

samidelcueva

Thread author
Jun 19, 2016
Thanks for the advice and comments!
Consider Data and System backups
Consider uBlock origin in place of ABD +
Good Config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)
I changed ABD + by "ublock origin" is much better and more efficient light, and I'll make backups as soon as possible, you have convinced me :p.

Does Comodo have exploit protection? I don't really know but if not get MBAE Free. Also adding Zemana Anti-Malware is another highly regarded scanner (Its REALLY good!.) :)

Yeah i have tried zemana several times and i like it very much, although, I do not like that Zemana stay´s active in the background, and although it's easy to turn it off, does not seem right, as far as i know this has no function, in this sense, i like more eset online scanner and Dr web cure it, both have been saved me several times and work well for me, but i still love zemana :)

SpyShelter or Zemana AntiKeylogger would be a good addition.

HitmanPro.Alert.

I prefer Webutation over Web of Trust.

i´m using alredy EMET 5.5, HPA is a little heavy in my pc, and i do not like very much the free version, but the pay version is the best

Thanks for suggestions!, it was a big help

PD: right now im triying with Emsisoft Internet Security, I've been using comodo for more than 1 year (i still love it), and i wanted to try Emsisoft, which promises a lot :)

Reactions: DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.