Samsung Galaxy S4 goes official with new screen and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Samsung just released its latest flagship - the Galaxy S 4. It packs a new 4.99" Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which adds up to a pixel density of 441ppi. The screen still a new PenTile matrix, though it probably won't matter much at this kind of density.
gsmarena_007.jpg
gsmarena_008.jpg

gsmarena_0012.jpg
gsmarena_0021.jpg

The international version of the Samsung Galaxy S IV is going to be powered by the Exynos 5 Octa chipset, which features four Cortex-A15 cores clocked at 1.6GHz, four Cortex-A7 cores running at 1.2GHz and the PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU.

There will be a second version for some markets, which will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset with its 4 Krait 300 cores and Adreno 320 GPU. Both versions will offer LTE connectivity and 2GB of RAM.

gsmarena_00111.jpg

At the back, the Samsung Galaxy S IV will feature a 13 MP sharpshooter, while on the front a 2.1MP camera will take care of video chats and a host of new features that involve eye-tracking and hand-tracking. .

Read More

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Like the other forerunners of Samsung Galaxy S Series or others its mainly focus for better camera and video capabilities and faster CPU and GPU performance. Thus why gadgets can easily fell behind when a new version came.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The whole phone looks amazing. Only thing is the price tag is a bit much.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I dislike the rate of which these products are released, seeing that S5 will be out after 12 months of the release of this. I'm sure the current hardware has a more than 1 year potential.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Sadly nothing to great this time around, wait for Motorola this may they have something big planned, or wait for the 4th quarter :D.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have an S III and if I was going to upgrade it would be to the Note II.

Seems like Samsung is following Apple with new releases,I wonder if Apple will sue them for that too :p

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
exterminator20 said:
Seems like Samsung is following Apple with new releases,I wonder if Apple will sue them for that too :p

Not true, Apple releases a new phone every 6-8 months (Dont for get the S's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.