Samsung RC730 S04

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
my Samsung rc730 s04 is a powerful beast ^^

CPU: i7-2630qm (Sandy-Bridge, 32nm, 6MB level 3 cache)
GPU: Nvidia GT540M (core: 680 MHz)
RAM: DDR3 1333MHz
HDD: 640GB (5400rpm, 8MB Buffer cache)

I will uppgrade the ram(8GB Corsair 1333MHz) and the HDD(500MB(+4GB SSD), 7200rpm ,32MB Buffercache)

I grid, play games, records some videos (will do soon), fold(once 540 is whitelisted) and be here all day long :)

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
I have a question for people that uses Hybrid Harddrives (HDD + SDD), are they working good? Thanks

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
for those how wish to buy similar laptop, I suggest you add a laptop cooler such as zalman nc3000; the cpu, with all threads active will throttle to 1,36GHz.

Otherwise it's a nice laptop

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are Samsung laptops reliable and what about build quality?

Cheers :D

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I have a samsung laptop, mine isnt bad but ive had a few problems, i had to replace it when i first got it because my touchpad died, and right now my number 7 key doesnt pick up as well as the other keys

Valentin N

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 25, 2011
Earth said:
Are Samsung laptops reliable and what about build quality?

Cheers :D

The one that I have looks very basic, and very plastic (something I am okey with). The build quality is okey for the price. A thing that I dislike is adapter at 90W, 120 would have been better for the specs that this laptop has; i7-2630qm uses 45W as max and the gpu use 35-45W as max. 90W is too low.

The display has a bad contrast (a common problem when it comes to laptop displays.

Are they reliable.... the one that I got is but I can't say if all are.

The keyboard is very nice, comfortable to type on and even if have laptop is on full load you won't notice the heat that is inside the laptop which is very good. Is also very quite.

Once I get my new cam I will make review about it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.