Advice Request Sandboxie and/or OSArmor?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am aware of what both do. My question is have any of you used them together with your main security solution or just one. And btw, what was AV or suite that you were using with them?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Atm im on Voodooshield+Sandboxie+OSA on a System hardened with Sys Hardener. Using windows defender.
Yes, I use them on the same system with no errors, conflicts or performance issues. (Copying large amount of data is slower thanks to windows defender but it's not something i do daily so it's ok for me)
When the next april update for windows is good i might try Hard Configurator again. Atm too lazy for a clean install and install all programms new with only 2 month left :D

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Atm im on Voodooshield+Sandboxie+OSA on a System hardened with Sys Hardener. Using windows defender.
Yes, I use them on the same system with no errors, conflicts or performance issues. (Copying large amount of data is slower thanks to windows defender but it's not something i do daily so it's ok for me)
When the next april update for windows is good i might try Hard Configurator again. Atm too lazy for a clean install and install all programms new with only 2 month left :D
If you are happy with your actual setup, there is no reason to change it.:unsure:
You really like experimenting.(y):giggle:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Voodooshield is pretty good protection against script abuse, and that basically is what OSA is for. So if you feel like uninstalling anything, I think you could live quite well without OSA,.

Durew

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2017
Hi,

From the help file of OSArmor:
"Q13 - Is OSArmor compatible with other security software?

A13 - Absolutely yes, it is compatible with most Antivirus and security software.

It works perfectly with, just to name a few: Windows Defender, Sandboxie, Emsisoft, Malwarebytes, AVG, ESET, Kaspersky, Windows Firewall Control, etc."

That and my personal experience (AV is EAM) leads me to the conclusion that Sandboxie and OSArmor work well together.

Regards,
Durew

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.