Status
Not open for further replies.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Sandboxie (browsers and others applications) nowadays is not compatible with Kaspersky 2016, there is no fixes or workarounds to keep working fine both products when opening browsers and many applications...

The only solution -> exit temporally Kaspersky 2016 from running, then run browsers in SandBoxie.

Sandboxie - Known Conflicts

Reactions: SHvFl

nick76

Level 1
Jul 2, 2012
Hi all,
I've an issue with lastpass and Chrome in sandboxie. the plugin often crashes (or hangs with old entries) or I got a page not found once i click on the lastpass icon on the toolbar.
I've tried to uninstall / reinstall outside the sandboxie. seems to work for a short while then again the same problem.
someone has an idea of what I can do to bypass this problem?
regards
Nick

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Hi all,
I've an issue with lastpass and Chrome in sandboxie. the plugin often crashes (or hangs with old entries) or I got a page not found once i click on the lastpass icon on the toolbar.
I've tried to uninstall / reinstall outside the sandboxie. seems to work for a short while then again the same problem.
someone has an idea of what I can do to bypass this problem?
regards
Nick
Seems you are not the only one. Maybe follow this topic for when someone figures it out.
forums.sandboxie.com • View topic - New Problem with LastPass in 5.08

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
You should use v5.09; lastpass works well for me in Sbie.

Sandboxie Help

From Sandboxie
Verified
Developer
Feb 26, 2016
LastPass works just fine w/ SBIE. Chrome, FF, etc.
....In Stable v5.06, 5.08RC and the newest Betas. As for Kaspersky, nope.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
some are similar to mine.
i drop rights,i let only chrome ,ff and VT access internet.
i don't sync anything,don't make exceptions.
i set some folders where even sandboxed programs can'taccess.
automatic delete.
i remember this for now

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
I have a question. If You add chrome do SBIE and You open new Sandboxie do You use copy the defaultBox or without this ?
Can You write me step by step how the best config chrome in SBIE ?
Regards

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I have a question. If You add chrome do SBIE and You open new Sandboxie do You use copy the defaultBox or without this ?

can you be more precise?

Can You write me step by step how the best config chrome in SBIE ?

there is no best, only those that fit to you. and you will know only by reading/testing

neon

Level 3
Verified
Nov 23, 2015
When I do new Sandboxie for example for chrome only, then shows me below that Copy of the config from existing sandboxie - Default box , or without.
which should I chose ?
now I change the Sticky password on lastpass and I don't know why sometimes lastpass doesn't autofill passwords :)

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Sandboxie (browsers and others applications) nowadays is not compatible with Kaspersky 2016, there is no fixes or workarounds to keep working fine both products when opening browsers and many applications...

The only solution -> exit temporally Kaspersky 2016 from running, then run browsers in SandBoxie.

Sandboxie - Known Conflicts
and then you can start up kaspersky again, and the sandboxed browsers will still run, correct?
any problem with this workaround, besides the minor inconvenience?

Reactions: harlan4096

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
When a browser is running in Sandboxie I can easy copy web url and paste in non sandbox apps, the same way can malware do that or something else.
Is there something to prevent this action or not?

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
One guy on other forum say this happen to one of his customers:
"Zeus jumped out of Sandboxie and infected pc"

Than I ask him how that happen and he say:
"Sandbox theoretically should offer completely isolated environment from the rest of the computer. But in practice this is far from the truth.
Remember that for example in sandbox browser you can select a piece of text or an image from the clipboard and it can paste that to a program that has been running without a sandbox.
You get it now? If you can do it as a user then can and malware. This is called manipulation of the files while they are in the RAM ... How passes txt or jpeg so pass exe or js from the sandbox to the real pc ..."

What you think about that?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
default setting i guess?

maybe this guy should post on sandboxie forum with detailed description of the procedure and settings.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
I think it's free version and probably default settings.
And this is happen on non admin acc.
Any suggestion to enhance settings in the free version?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
One guy on other forum say this happen to one of his customers:
"Zeus jumped out of Sandboxie and infected pc"

Than I ask him how that happen and he say:
"Sandbox theoretically should offer completely isolated environment from the rest of the computer. But in practice this is far from the truth.
Remember that for example in sandbox browser you can select a piece of text or an image from the clipboard and it can paste that to a program that has been running without a sandbox.
You get it now? If you can do it as a user then can and malware. This is called manipulation of the files while they are in the RAM ... How passes txt or jpeg so pass exe or js from the sandbox to the real pc ..."

What you think about that?

It is a lot more complicated that just copy to-paste from clipboard.

We would need a lot more infos. Without actual sample it is mere speculation, but yes, malware can jailbreak sandbox. It does happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.