Sandboxie is blocked by Bitdefender Total

Status
Not open for further replies.

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Bitdefender detect as Malicius and blocked it. so cant able to start Sandboxie.
Help what should i do now.
2u9obau.jpg

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Bitdefender detect as Malicius and blocked it. so cant able to start Sandboxie.
Help what should i do now.
2u9obau.jpg
What happens if you allow and monitor/exclude sandboxie?

PS:
There is an inherent known incompatibility:

"BitDefender Antivirus
Problem: Sandboxie version 4 is incompatible with BitDefender Antivirus to some small extent.

Solution: Adjust shield settings in BitDefender. Open main window, click the Settings icon, click the Antivirus Shield button. In the Shield tab of the ANTIVIRUS SETTINGS window, find the Active Virus Control title and move the slider on the right to OFF. (Note: This is the ON-OFF slider, not the Agressive-Normal-Permissive slider.)"

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?KnownConflicts#bitdefender

Was this of any help?:)

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
its not a good idea to disable one of the essentian part of security system... do u another way to run sandboxie...

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
No... Brother doesn't work properly.. I got a message Malicius infection every while run " *.exe " in SandBoxie...

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
If you are running some exe in the sandbox or you were browsing and a site starts downloading malware to your computer, and BD calls it malware, it could be malware. Antiviruses treat and see the Sandbox folder as any other folder. There is nothing special about that folder. Your antivirus can go in and detect files that are in there.

Bo
Bo makes a good point besides the fact BitDefender & Sandboxie may exhibit incompatibility, to a degree. I do think you should also see if the 2 can get along.:) Rather than allowing the "sandbox" to be profiled as the monster, it might very well be the safety wall that's been holding back a firestorm of malware.:oops: Especially if you like to browse with abandon ..like me!:rolleyes: Anyway, can you almost hear what Frankenstein's Monster's words would have been after being driven & :eek:chased by all those torch wielding (BitDefender) villagers?
:mad:"Aaaarrgghh!! Fire ...BAD!";)

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
What happens if you allow and monitor/exclude sandboxie?
...Solution: Adjust shield settings in BitDefender. Open main window, click the Settings icon, click the Antivirus Shield button. In the Shield tab of the ANTIVIRUS SETTINGS window, find the Active Virus Control title and move the slider on the right to OFF. (Note: This is the ON-OFF slider, not the Agressive-Normal-Permissive slider.)"

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?KnownConflicts#bitdefender

Was this of any help?:)
Trust venustus, you'll thank him later!;)
Suma, I feel you've placed a lot of trust in BitDefender as have I. I had their free version installed on my Windows 8.1 back in December. I'd then mistakenly :oops:blamed Zemana Anti-logger as being the culprit of incompatibility until Exterminator20 helped me to discern (before I could abruptly uninstall the Anti-logger) that my BitDefender AV had been incompatible with Windows 8.1 system at that time. I urge you to follow the advice of both venustus & bo.elam. Sandboxie is not malware. It's proven itself rather to be an indispensable reason that all three computers in my home (an old XP, Win 7, & Win 8.1) are running trouble free, and with a peace of mind for me!:cool: Do give it a try.:D
Cats, ...Someone that uses Sandboxie like I do, never stops using SBIE. When I get a file out of the sandbox, I continue running those files sandboxed by either using the Forced folder feature (in the Downloads folder) or the Forced programs feature when I move them away from the download folder.

Using Sandboxie is like a process, the only time that I run files out of the sandbox is when I install something in my real system (something extremely rare). Files in my computers run sandboxed from the day they are downloaded to the day they get deleted. There are exceptions but they are rare.

Doing the above is what I call: Getting every drop of juice out of Sandboxie. The good thing is that much of what I just wrote can be done with the free version, users with the free version just have to know how to get it done. Using a sandboxed Windows explorer and creating and using sandboxed shortcuts are tools that can be used to achieve much of what I am saying. These tools are available for everyone that installs SBIE.

Bo
Thanks for relating all this, Bo!:D I'd like "Getting every drop of juice..." too (Mm, Sandbox juice!:p). Usually... in fact, always I <delete> the sandbox at the end of browsing sessions. In case I forget, I have Sandboxie set to delete files when closed. So, do files remain isolated in the sandbox even when you shut down the system? Two of our systems shut down 4Xs during the evening (& night) before yesterday because of power outages:mad:, & this during Windows Security Updates no less!:oops: Often I'll set our computers to sleep or hibernate, so except when performing upgrades for extensions or browsers, Iill always open them sandboxed. Sometimes, I wonder "..maybe, I might not even have to use browser extensions or :eek:update Firefox again", and experience what Umbra Polaris expresses as "Browsing light & free!", lol!:D What do you think of VM?o_O (I read a post about it earlier)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.