New Update Sandboxie-Plus 1.9.3 released

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have removed sbie+ from my laptop because I could not start my browser.

So all discussions stopped.

FYI, my mullvad vpn cannot start too after removing sbie+. Reinstall mullvad vpn also becomes a problem.......cannot complete the installation process with error code 1068

IMG-20230518-123658.jpg

Last edited:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
My last take on this.

That's a bit exaggerated of you.

When people start posting their problems then he will visit MT more frequently.

What I meant in my previous post is I want Sandboxie and if @DavidXanatos wants too, to gradually have more audience or users interacting here in MT. For this to happen they need to post about SBIE right here in MT not any other place. When David took over Sandboxie he began posting at Wilders cause that is the place were "gurus" like bo elam used or still use to assist new users or help long time users, resulting in a niche were Sandboxie got most attention and support. Well, I want that to happen here in MT. For that I said is a bad idea for users living in MT to post issues at Wilders, rest assured David will get here and assist them.
@DavidXanatos if you're reading this, publish new threads or topics you create at Wilders here in MT as well. Please.
The fact that you call an encourangement to post at another fora, ALSO - "not a good idea" , is really bad judgement. The most important fact here is support for a problem with SBP, MT exposure or not is of course secondary. In fact, the best way is to get in contact with DX directly instead of via a public site. So i repeat to @HarborFront, post at Wilders, as a direct message to DX, then you will get, at least, a respons. My experience, over time at Wilders is that, if you post in the thread, he does not always respond. So if it is urgent and important, i mail him directly, that has always got attention. And this issue is important, because the bugs is piling up now with the Edge memory problem with containers, a supposed fix was released that did not, PDF showing problem and some other small issues. So the context menu problem as mentioned here, do need attention to so they get fixed for good since they have lingered on for a while now.

So, @HarborFront, why do you not try SB Classic instead, it is more stable and less buggy.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The fact that you call an encourangement to post at another fora, ALSO - "not a good idea" , is really bad judgement. The most important fact here is support for a problem with SBP, MT exposure or not is of course secondary. In fact, the best way is to get in contact with DX directly instead of via a public site. So i repeat to @HarborFront, post at Wilders, as a direct message to DX, then you will get, at least, a respons. My experience, over time at Wilders is that, if you post in the thread, he does not always respond. So if it is urgent and important, i mail him directly, that has always got attention. And this issue is important, because the bugs is piling up now with the Edge memory problem with containers, a supposed fix was released that did not, PDF showing problem and some other small issues. So the context menu problem as mentioned here, do need attention to so they get fixed for good since they have lingered on for a while now.

So, @HarborFront, why do you not try SB Classic instead, it is more stable and less buggy.

I got other problems after the uninstallation

No more sandboxie for me classic or plus.

DavidXanatos

From Sandboxie Plus
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 4, 2020
View attachment 275452

After clicking on the above Chromium.lnk it shows the below desktop

View attachment 275453

And then I click on the Chromium icon in the above box and it says the Chromium.link shortcut created.

After that I went to the desktop and right click the Chromium icon and it shows the below

View attachment 275455

Clicking Show more options gives below

View attachment 275456

Where it say Run in Sandboxie Plus? What I want is just mouse to the Chromium icon on my desktop, right click and see Run in Sandboxie Plus and clicking on it will open the sandboxed Chromium browser. Avast's Run in sandbox is what I want of SBP.

As for the 2 Chrome extensions, Cookie AutoDelete and Font Fingerprint Defender, both are supposed to show a notification in the bottom right corner with sound when I switched websites. The extensions are working but the notification and sound are not there. As for Adguard Browser Assistant it's NOT working inside the sandbox.

After going through the shortcut creation you should have a link on your desktop called "[DefaultBox] Chromium" double clicking on that link should open chromium in the DefaultBox, no need for a right click or anything.

About why the shell extension does not work for you, idk. when I test it on a typical win 11 it works fine.
In some scenarios unticking applying re ticking and applying again helps, i have also observed that it sometimes takes windows a minute or two to pick up newly registered shell extensions.

Reactions: plat

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
After going through the shortcut creation you should have a link on your desktop called "[DefaultBox] Chromium" double clicking on that link should open chromium in the DefaultBox, no need for a right click or anything.

About why the shell extension does not work for you, idk. when I test it on a typical win 11 it works fine.
In some scenarios unticking applying re ticking and applying again helps, i have also observed that it sometimes takes windows a minute or two to pick up newly registered shell extensions.

I have also observed that, and sometimes a restart may fix it but, i have also experienced that nothing solves it, except a reinstall. So the extension problem is for real and behaves very randomly.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@DavidXanatos

My laptop has many problems after uninstalling sbie+.

Avast Premium Security crashed, VPNs cannot work, wifi cannot connect etc so going to reset my laptop

I checked with sfc scannow/ and dism and they said no corruptions to system

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Mr.X

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
So strange for me. I've never had that kind of issues after uninstalling sbie+, ever.
For me sbie+ has been stable on prereleases and final releases.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.