App Review Sandboxie Prevention Test (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I'm new to Sandboxie at least so if I did something wrong, bare with me.

Remember to use the Larger Player option for HD ;)

lufzI.png

>> http://youtu.be/-REX_0JySwE

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I want to know what real SBIE users think of any Prevention test of this product.

@McLovin, good review but it's obviously going to disallow the sandboxed programs from modifying the real OS, unless allowed by the user.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
@McLovin, good review but it's obviously going to disallow the sandboxed programs from modifying the real OS, unless allowed by the user.

True, just it can be used as a review to see how it works. Never really used Sandboxie before so that was an experience for me too.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for the video.I think this will show many exactly how SBIE works.You can run anything in it and never touch your OS.The nasty stuff never contaminates the OS and can be easily dumped.It is really like the Ultimate security software.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Notice that Flag in the corner by the time and date had problem's is this normal? Enjoyed the review, on SandBoxie!
Still waiting on Sandboxie for Windows 8 X64 Bits Operating System. To be fully functional! Question, please! How would update the drivers and do windows updates? With SandBoxie? Thanks!

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Tried to install SandBoxie! On Windows 8 X64 and a Windows 8 X86
Bits O.S. Turn off all security software! Reboot! Did see icon anywhere
So, I uninstall! Any suggestions?

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
bo.elam said:
Now that you saw SBIE in action, its time for you to make the wise decision of choosing to use it. The results you saw in your test is how it is. SBIE works.

Bo

True, time to actually give it a proper spin. I noticed that there was a paid version of the program, what does that include that the free version doesn't?

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
McLovin said:
bo.elam said:
Now that you saw SBIE in action, its time for you to make the wise decision of choosing to use it. The results you saw in your test is how it is. SBIE works.

Bo

True, time to actually give it a proper spin. I noticed that there was a paid version of the program, what does that include that the free version doesn't?

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?FAQ_Licensing

D

Deleted member 178

bo.elam said:
McLovin said:
Never really used Sandboxie before so that was an experience for me too.

Bo

Bo, unofficial Sandboxie promoter ;)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
bo.elam said:
You can use multiple sandboxes at the same time and you are able to force programs and folders to open sandboxed.

This alone makes it worth the price of a license. :)

One of the things I also love Sandboxie for isn't even security oriented. It's great for testing software. No, not only software that you aren't sure you trust, but just software that you aren't worried about, but you aren't sure if you're going to like it...

Install it inside your testing sandbox, then put it through its paces. If you don't like it, just empty the sandbox. No uninstallation necessary. :cool:

truoc

Level 1
Jan 3, 2012
Awesome review! I've contemplated trying this program out, but don't know how to set it up to provide the best security without causing too much of a hassle with popups. Guess I will do some more research!

Off topic a little, but what is the name of the song you used in the video? Could you possibly provide a link to it? Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.