Sandboxie problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

network86

Thread author
Oct 12, 2011
I'm using the latest Firefox and Sandboxie on my system. Every time I download something with FF running in sandboxie it crashes. I tried running Chrome inside sandboxie and downloaded something and its the same problem, crashes as well. I tried re-installing FF and sandboxie and it didn't help. I can successfully download when FF isn't running in sandboxie so its definitely a problem with sandboxie. I haven't installed anything new and it was working fine last week. Sandboxie has all the default settings except that it delete contents of sandbox.

Anyone have any ideas as I'm not great with sandboxie. I'm thinking a setting needs to be added or changed to allow me to download?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Have you tried creating a new sandbox that uses only the default Sandbox Settings and then trying again to download something?

D

Deleted member 178

im using the latest beta of Sandboxie (3.61) with FF Nightly v10 in 2 kind of sandbox (one for browsing, one default), and all works fine. i think the problem come from your system. you should uninstall both FF & SB, clean all traces (registry, program data, roaming, etc...) then reinstall the stable version (SB 3.6 & FF 7)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
My brother used it.
I've asked about it on my brother
He used it to search an article for his task.
and save the article, and save the image also. however, never get problems.

network86

Thread author
Oct 12, 2011
Thanks guys for your input. I tried all your suggestions and they didn't work. Eventually found the problem, Kingsoft PC doctor! When I uninstalled it everything seems to be fine. I'm thinking maybe the optimizer some how disabled something it shouldn't have or the real time download scanner caused problems? Its strange because I've had it running on my system for a while and I hadn't changed anything. Disappointed really, I liked the program. It did increase the boot speed of my PC and ran fine along CIS.
Any suggestions for something to run along CIS? Something like Kingsoft or MBAM? Free preferably! :D

Thanks again!

D

Deleted member 178

for realtime : EAM and/or Webroot SA and/or MBAM pro
on demand: MBAM free, EAM free, Hitman Pro,

kslogan

Sep 21, 2011
Hi network86

I'm Rep from Kingsoft Security, sorry for disappointment, i just forward this issue to develop team.

At this time, you can choose to disable download protection when in sandboxie. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.