Advice Request Sandboxie + Security Suite?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am currently using KIS 2019, and knowing that too many security softwares can cause conflicts and other issues, I was wondering about the virtue of using Sandboxie as a supplement.

Would this be a good combo or as someight say, still would be overkill?

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I am currently using KIS 2019, and knowing that too many security softwares can cause conflicts and other issues, I was wondering about the virtue of using Sandboxie as a supplement.

Would this be a good combo or as someight say, still would be overkill?
Although Kaspersky is enough
almost for everything, It lacks a Sanbox, therefore to my way of seeing if it is recommended.
and it's not an exaggeration.:giggle:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do you need Sandboxie for?

I'm certain Kaspersky and existing browser defences are smart enough against known malware. And it's not like you'd be downloading them on purpose...

If you're concerned about visiting a malicious site with an exploit, it won't be as effective, unless your software are unpatched. So Instead of worrying about that, let Malwarebytes browser extension to block dangerous sites.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Agreed with @Spawn over this. uBlock Origin + MBAM or Emsisoft Browser Security and common sense browsing habits will be suffice for a web browser. Adding too many layers CAN lead to a larger attack surface is the software isn't kept up to date.

~LDogg

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Agreed with @Spawn over this. uBlock Origin + MBAM or Emsisoft Browser Security and common sense browsing habits will be suffice for a web browser. Adding too many layers CAN lead to a larger attack surface is the software isn't kept up to date.

~LDogg
So just be clear, using KIS 2019 now with its own browser extension along with UbO in my browsers. Should I add Emsisoft or MBAM extensions as well, or really not necessary?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Despite @Umbra's excellent recommendations, I have run ReHIPS with KIS, without issues. KIS was at default settings, more or less.
A couple years ago, there was a performance issue, but that's resolved.

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.