Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
L

LabZero

Sandboxie 5.06:

Changes

• SBIE1222 Error with security token: C0000061 / 33? caused by KB3088195 (Win 10 KB3097617) distributed on 10/13/2015 has been fixed. This also fixes BSOD when using Flash in Firefox.
  • Fixed several problems that could cause Chrome to crash in Windows 10.
  • Added logins.json for Firefox and derivatives to templates.ini to enable Firefox passwords storage outside the sandbox.
  • Back by popular demand, the print spooler (spoolsv.exe) blocks file writes to the system temp folder (windows\temp) and the user temp folder (\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp)
  • Fixed problem that sometimes caused IE 11 to immediately exit if there are 3rd party applications injecting into iexplore.exe with Sandboxie (such as AV).
Download: Sandboxie 5.06 | 8.1 MB (Shareware)
View: Sandboxie Website

H

hjlbx

Sandboxie 5.06:

Changes

• SBIE1222 Error with security token: C0000061 / 33? caused by KB3088195 (Win 10 KB3097617) distributed on 10/13/2015 has been fixed. This also fixes BSOD when using Flash in Firefox.
  • Fixed several problems that could cause Chrome to crash in Windows 10.
  • Added logins.json for Firefox and derivatives to templates.ini to enable Firefox passwords storage outside the sandbox.
  • Back by popular demand, the print spooler (spoolsv.exe) blocks file writes to the system temp folder (windows\temp) and the user temp folder (\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp)
  • Fixed problem that sometimes caused IE 11 to immediately exit if there are 3rd party applications injecting into iexplore.exe with Sandboxie (such as AV).
Download: Sandboxie 5.06 | 8.1 MB (Shareware)
View: Sandboxie Website

Sandboxie is one of a handful of security softs worth paid money. Should be pre-installed on every PC...

Reactions: LabZero

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Three disappointments for today below:

> Was hoping that Comodo had work out the bugs with Windows 10.
> Additional dreaming that Comodo would make a nice removal tool
for it Firewall and Antivirus.
> Also, I was hoping that Invincea Endpoint Small Business Edition
would work on Windows 10.

Ummm!:(

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Sandboxie stable version 5.08

Version 5.08
Released on 16 February 2016.

• Improvements to application startup. Applications start faster and Windows 10 race conditions have been fixed.
  • A problem with splwow64.exe in Win 8.1+ 64 bit has been fixed. If a user printed from inside the sandbox using a 32 bit app, printing outside the sandbox would no longer work.
  • Office 2013 in Windows 10 is working under Sandboxie again.
  • F12 Developer Tools now works in IE-11.
  • In rare instances, SandboxieRpcSs.exe or SandboxieDcomLaunch.exe would not end when all other applications had exited.
  • A file named c:\program.exe no longer prevents SandboxieRpcSs.exe from starting.
  • The known conflicts list in templates.ini has been updated.
  • Fixed wrong Windows version # reported for Windows 8.1 (e.g. with What's My User Agent?). Windows 8.1 was reported as Windows 8.0.
  • Windows 10 fast ring build 14251 "IsHungAppWindow" hook issue.
  • Fixed rare Chrome 64 error SBIE2303 Could not hook VerifyCatalogFile (888).

Sandboxie - Download Sandboxie

NT Five

Level 2
Verified
Aug 11, 2015
Running an older version of SBIE on XP here and I know MS released a kernel patch last year that broke SBIE.
Invincea fixed it, but probably not for XP POSready 2009.

Is anyone here using a recent version of Sandboxie on XP with the latest POSready updates installed ?

I haven't updated my OS in a while and I'm afraid I will run in to trouble when I install the latest patches from Microsoft.

Reactions: Moose

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Version 5.10
Released on 1 March 2016.

• Sandboxie binaries are now dual-signed (SHA1 & SHA256) to eliminate IE 11 and Windows 10 certificate warnings.
  • Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14267 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)
  • Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14271 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)
Download
Changelog

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If I have comodo firewall running, can I run sandboxie?
SBIE has certain advantages over comodo sandbox:
1 better integration with file system. you can print from a webpage, or drag and drop a file onto a webpage.
2 the shared folder seems to be better protected (in comodo, when you click on doc and pdf files in a shared folder, it does not open sandboxed.)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
1 better integration with file system. you can print from a webpage, or drag and drop a file onto a webpage.
2 the shared folder seems to be better protected (in comodo, when you click on doc and pdf files in a shared folder, it does not open sandboxed.)
I couldn't get SBIE to run chrome on win10 with comodo firewall. Probably better that way. better to keep it simple.

H

hjlbx

There is known incompatibility issue between COMODO and SBIE.

That being said, some people can get it them to run together while others cannot no matter how they configure COMODO.

It seems to be system specific...

Reactions: Rishi and shmu26

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Version 5.12
Released on 16 June 2016.

• Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365 ClickToRun is now supported for paid users.
  • Chrome 52 is now supported.
  • Sandboxed applications are no longer allowed to change the system power configuration.
  • Environment variable USERNAME now shows proper username instead of "SYSTEM" in sandboxed applications.
  • Added qWave driver (Google Hangouts, and other websites) to templates.ini under Applications->Miscellaneous
  • The new, faster loader code developed for Windows 10 is now used for Win 8.0 & 8.1.
  • Fixed 2 Excel clipboard related crashes
  • Fixed Win 10 FR 14328 issue with WOW64 applications crashing.
  • Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 BSOD.
  • Fixed Win 10 FR 14316 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE).
  • Fixed Win 10 FR 14295 crash in Chrome & FF.
  • Fixed Win 10 FR Build 14279 (SBIE1113 Cannot find Nt system service, reason MASTER TABLE)
  • Fixed rare printing crash in Chrome-32 under Win 10-64.
Changelog
Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.