SanDisk Breaks Storage Record With 400GB microSD Card

Dima007

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
SanDisk-Feature-640x353.jpg

SanDisk is offering a new 400GB microSD card, a breakthrough that would make it the largest microSD currently on the market. SanDisk, which is owned by Western Digital, hasn’t revealed details beyond stating that the capacity breakthrough was the result of WD “leveraging its proprietary memory technology and design and production processes that allow for more bits per die.” Western Digital set the previous record two years ago, when it launched a 200GB microSD card.

The speed appears to come with a tradeoff. SanDisk trumpets its A1 speed rating, saying: “Rated A1, the SanDisk Ultra® microSD card is optimized for apps, delivering faster app launch and performance that provides a better smartphone experience.”
Read more: SanDisk Breaks Storage Record With 400GB microSD Card - ExtremeTech

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Blimey, that's a lot of storage for an sd card, it will probably cost and arm and a leg

They should repair their 16 gb cards first. " Safely remove" almost always shows " Drive is being used " ?!?!

Quite a few months ago i had this issue with my external hard drive and i got it sorted by asking good old Mr Google, the steps were similar to this video and it worked for me so perhaps you should try it. I doubt it was the hard drive or indeed your SD card but more likely to be a pc problem. Anyway, here is the link if you want to try it

Reactions: AnonMan

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
The issue is probably caused by security or optimizer software locking the device... Download some unlocker software and see who is locking the disk.

Reactions: brambedkar59

Buntydee

Level 1
Jan 30, 2012
I would search for solutions, BUT, my Sony 16 gb ALWAYS EJECTS SAFELY.. So, Sorry, its the Sandisk!! & other Sandisks too..(we have 2 or 3)

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
But why cant SanDisk solve this?! They make Seagate HDDisks,, right? & they r excellent/
Try this code, copy it to a text file and save as .bat.
Code:
@echo off
@cls

set tempfile="%TEMP%\diskscrp.dsk"

echo.
echo   === Disk removal tool ===
echo.
echo   Select the disk volume number
echo   (if the disk has multiple volumes, select any of them)
echo.
echo list volume | diskpart | findstr /C:Volume /C:---
echo.
set /p volume="   Selected volume: "
echo.

echo select volume %volume% >>%tempfile%
echo offline disk >>%tempfile%
echo online disk >>%tempfile%

diskpart /s %tempfile% | findstr /C:"not valid"

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="1" (
  echo   Disk has been unlocked successfully.  Try to safely remove it now.
)

del /F %tempfile%

this usually works for my 1TB WD portable hdd & 32 GB HP flash drive
Edit: I forgot to mention run it as Admin.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.