Saon Islam's Security Configuration

Saon Islam

Thread author
Oct 29, 2015
I am using local area network broadband internet connection. I am not happy with their security and I think my pc getting compromised when I connect to their network. I have seen so many unwanted port and ip always remain connected with my pc. I am really looking for a suggestion for a good security software which can prevent all unknown access to my pc.

I

illumination

Although I am personally not a big fan of Norton, their Firewall is one of the best intelligent firewalls on the market at detecting attacks and blocking them. What makes you believe your PC is getting compromised?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One thing for sure

1) Is that your machine that is totally infected and been cleaned?
2) Does your current NIS shows any intrusion log detection or any related to firewall components that flags something?

Your configuration seems good with a concern about testing and visiting phishing site, better you use Sandboxie on browsing other shady sites.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Maybe for a complete backup solution have a look at Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good free and reliable version. ;)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Saon Islam.
As I am also protected by Norton I.S., it did my heart good to read Staff Member, illumination, praise it's firewall as being one of the best.:)
A valuable addition would be a wide spectum blocker\add-on for Firefox, uBlock Origin. Read more & download it here:
Browsing with the free sandboxing program, Sandboxie, adds an additional layer of protection for your system. See Jack's informative post on this thread
as well as a number of other good suggestions!:)

Thank you for sharing your configuration which I feel is a good one. I hope you succeed in tightening your security concerns, & keep us abreast by updating your progress here. Thanks!

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.