Saying GoodBye to the Security Paranoia !

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
So I decided I would like to go light, as few security programs as possible, with as little confusion as possible. Here's what I've gone with.

1). F-Secure Ultra Lite (Cloud Based). "Beta"... F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus
2). Zemana Anti-Malware (in real time)
3). Comodo Firewall (w/C.S. Settings)
4). Hitman Pro (On Demand Scans, with scheduled startup scan).

*And of course Multiple stages of BU images of system, on 2 Internal Drives D: and E: and 2 External Drives F: and G:

Only OS and Installed Software on C:

Photos, Music, Software ETC on D: E: F: and G:

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I find Zemana Real Time Protection a bit excessive to be honest, Comodo tweaked and F Secure should get things done. If you keep Hitman Pro as an on-demand scanner that's fine. Maybe add another second opinion scanner just in case. How does that combo you actually have behave on your system?

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
I find Zemana Real Time Protection a bit excessive to be honest, Comodo tweaked and F Secure should get things done. If you keep Hitman Pro as an on-demand scanner that's fine. Maybe add another second opinion scanner just in case. How does that combo you actually have behave on your system?

Very Fast and Zemana is also used as my 2nd on demand scanner.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I don't think you can ever really say goodbye to security "paranoia" :p. Security is an uphill battle with the road in front of us constantly changing.

My recommendations for you would be to have Hitman Pro scan once a week rather than at every startup and consider using Zemana Anti-Malware as an on-demand scanner; With Comodo Firewall and F-Secure Ultra Lite, you have almost all of your bases covered.

Just keep in mind that the common problem with computer security is the person at the keyboard. ;)

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
I don't think you can ever really say goodbye to security "paranoia" :p. Security is an uphill battle with the road in front of us constantly changing.

My recommendations for you would be to have Hitman Pro scan once a week rather than at every startup and consider using Zemana Anti-Malware as an on-demand scanner; With Comodo Firewall and F-Secure Ultra Lite, you have almost all of your bases covered.

Just keep in mind that the common problem with computer security is the person at the keyboard. ;)

F-secure is beta. So I chose to keep Zemana as real time.... Person at keyboard very cautious. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 178

So I decided I would like to go light, as few security programs as possible, with as little confusion as possible. Here's what I've gone with.

1). F-Secure Ultra Lite (Cloud Based). "Beta"... F-Secure Ultralight Anti-Virus
2). Zemana Anti-Malware (in real time)
3). Comodo Firewall (w/C.S. Settings)
4). Hitman Pro (On Demand Scans, with scheduled startup scan).
this is still paranoia to me :p

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I find Zemana's realtime detection to be inaccurate, it throws a lot of false positives especially when you're using software that is not very well known. Even just creating your own .bat file will cause zemana to trigger.

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
I find your setup very good.
Zemana is very light and -according to my experience- has a very good detection rate.
My experience was that good that I even purchased a license for Zemana Antilogger.
BTW, F-Secure Ultra Light is only for Windows 7 thru 8.1, right? (at least this is what is said in it's website)

Daniel Keller

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2016
I would go with WinXPert.

Personally I not even use comodo.
For me its just: Win10 (with all updates) + SUA + UAC max + smartscreen + Hard_Configurator (with all recommended settings) + WD + TinyWall + Brain.exe
If I want to test new software or just need it once, I work in a virtual machine.
That's what I call a light setup without Paranoia ;)

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
I find your setup very good.
Zemana is very light and -according to my experience- has a very good detection rate.
My experience was that good that I even purchased a license for Zemana Antilogger.
BTW, F-Secure Ultra Light is only for Windows 7 thru 8.1, right? (at least this is what is said in it's website)

No go to the website says windows 10 32 and 64. When you login you'll see new page that says windows 10 64 and 32

Last edited:

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
I find Zemana's realtime detection to be inaccurate, it throws a lot of false positives especially when you're using software that is not very well known. Even just creating your own .bat file will cause zemana to trigger.

Yes I know, happens to me too, but not very often. They are supposed to come out with a super AV in the future right?

Reactions: AtlBo and SHvFl

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
If that's light mine must be non existent lol
1> VoodooShield
2> DeepArmor
On Demand: Hitman Pro
VeeekTor, when you go Sig-less you start to understand the true meaning of a "Light Setup", one that has the most minimal
impact on a system possible. Tinker with some Sig-free solutions and find one that works for you, you will notice the effects
immediately. Experimenting is the key. Good luck brother ;)

VeeekTor

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
May 16, 2017
I don't get it. The setup of 4 program in the first post is the light one or the one you left behind? Because the first post setup it's for sure not light.

Lite in the sense that I am not running a full fledged suite, as I did before, nor am I using several apps.

Just a simple firewall, simple cloud AV, and a on demand scanner...

I could always (and probably will remove Zemana) but being the ultra light cloud AV by F-secure is beta I decided to use it for now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.