Last updated
Dec 13, 2021
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 10
On-device encryption
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
Windows Defender alongside Malwarebytes Premium, both their respective folders and main processes excluded from each other
Binisoft Firewall Control
Firewall security
About custom security
Binisoft: Medium Filtering Learning Mode, Secure Profile and Rules enabled
Windows Defender: ConfigureDefender set on Interactive, disabled network protection, block ISASS credential stealing and Block Executables unless meeting an specific Criteria, Time Limit set to 50 seconds
Malwarebytes: Scan for Rootkits, Use expert system algorithms, Brute Force Protection
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes
ESET online scanner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Librewolf with Brave Search
uBlock Origin
Cookie Autodelete
Bitwarden
Secure DNS
NextDNS with AI-Driven Threat Protection and DNS rebinding protection enabled
Desktop VPN
None
Password manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
None, snake oil.
File and Photo backup
MEGA
System recovery
None, only Factory Reset/reinstall, I dont have use for one anyways as I all my personal files are backed up and I only game and browse the web.
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
After years of using Norton, a few months with Bitdefender, I got Malwarebytes for my family, mostly due to its scan scheduler and not its capabilities as an "true" antivirus, so if one of them, or even me, gets infected, I dont have to lift an finger due to being arguably the best dedicated scanner.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.