App Review Scanning 15 Malicious executables

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Video removed by uploader

:skull: No sound. Watch at your own risk. :skull:

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
RE: Scanning 15 Malicious executables by StormerR34

Nice review. It would be nice to hear you talk :)

They should replace windows defender with Essentials (only the spyware engine); it doesn't even provide basic security (the essentials would bring something) and it would make more sense for Microsoft to but their own AV in their OS.

Regards,
Valentin N

Edit: Reduced quoting.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I've never spoken in my videos. :lol: I did leave a suggest for music in the description.

See edit below.

Edit:
Thanks for the review. The kacakscript.exe file is not malware. Fyi.. Not everything on malcode is malware. There are a decent amount of f/p there. The wininit will be added next update though. Thanks!
by malwarebytesdotorg

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011

Valentin N said:
Nice review. It would be nice to hear you talk :)

They should replace windows defender with Essentials (only the spyware engine); it doesn't even provide basic security (the essentials would bring something) and it would make more sense for Microsoft to but their own AV in their OS.

Regards,
Valentin N
Edit: Reduced quoting.

I agree with this, it'd be nice if they had a better built-in defense and we could without worry of conflict add our own supplement. I like the little skull warnings of no sound....lol.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

I'm also of the opinion that reviews should have speaking, regardless of how well you think you do it.

I haven't watched your review yet, so I don't know if this is the case, but I go crazy watching reviews where they are just clicking through menus and sometimes loop their mouse around some options, because you never know what they are trying to direct your attention to. Are they saying, these are the default settings! Or, I've made these changes to the default settings! Or even just, Look, here are some more settings!...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Nice review storm. Like to see you talk :D

G

Guest28

Great, review as always storm both HMP and MBAM detected the same. I am please, with malwarebytes. HMP better watch out malwarebytes is trying to take the lead. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Yet MBAM and HMP are superior from detecting threats at least SAS detected a samples there where Windows Defender got nothing.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

My personal choice is to disable System Defender. Once you add other signature based detection to your system and perform regular on-demand scans with malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, etc., System Defender isn't needed.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

SAS 5 - 5/15
Windows Defender - 0/15

So their is a worst on-demand scanner than SAS :p..... Never used Windows Defender.....and most likely never will.Reason : Mbam and Hitman Pro.
Thank you for de video:D

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Thanks for all the feedback.

Bogdan, System Defender :huh: You mean Windows Defender. :p

Personally, I won't give up on SAS just yet. It still more handy than other on-demand scanners.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Yeah and SAS can be useful at least it contribute if MBAM and HMP miss something

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.