Schannel error in event viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricliz23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2017
xppro sp3, ff esr default browser, 360TSE latest version, both BD and Avira engines used.

I have my daily scan set for 4am every day, this is a desktop that stays on 24/7. for the last week or so I have been getting these errors at the time of my scan, have sent feedback to qihoo but have not heard back yet except to get a reply that my message had been received.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Schannel
Event Category: None
Event ID: 36884
Date: 6/5/2017
Time: 4:00:05 AM
User: N/A
Computer: RICLIZ
Description:
The certificate received from the remote server does not contain the expected name. It is therefore not possible to determine whether we are connecting to the correct server. The server name we were expecting is orion.ts.360.com. The SSL connection request has failed. The attached data contains the server certificate.

From what I have gathered from searching this error it is for servers, I have a standalone home user pc.
I have not had any problems with my pc, so I have ignored the error. 360TSE has scanned and updated fine. :)

any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

ricliz23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2017
update, I uninstalled TSE and installed latest version of 360TS, still get the error. updating fine seems to be scanning okay. :)

ricliz23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2017
update, got tired of waiting for any feedback from this forum and/or 360Safe support, so I uninstalled the Total security and went to an older version of TSE 8.8.0.1020 and now I get no Schannel errors, I take this to imply that maybe xp pro is not supported anymore. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.