Scorpion Illuminati's Security Protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion Illuminati

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
I would like to suggest either Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper. Both have a free and reliable version. ;)
Any preferences on either one? Does it allow me to backup to a cloud account(Dropbox)?

Scorpion Illuminati

Reactions: given

Scorpion Illuminati

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
Macrium Reflect would be my first choice, not sure about the cloud as I use a portable HDD.
Do you know of a tutorial on how to use it? Does it automatically detect what to backup or do i have to tell it? What exactly should i back up?

Update: Made Recovery CD, not sure where to go next.

Scorpion Illuminati

Last edited:
Reactions: given

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Do you know of a tutorial on how to use it? Does it automatically detect what to backup or do i have to tell it? What exactly should i back up?

Update: Made Recovery CD, not sure where to go next.

Scorpion Illuminati
Here is a good guide:

How to use Macrium Reflect Free to back up your PC | TechRadar

Personally I use Macrium (free) to create and restore system images, I have not inspected the advanced functions, because I regularly save my data to external and offline HDD.
About its primary function, I believe it is simple to use and definitely one of the most reliable backup engine.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider an additional on demand scanner(s).
System & data backup solutions as already suggested.
Good config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Reactions: JM Safe and given

Scorpion Illuminati

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
Please add ZAM Free.

Why do i need 3 antimalware scanners if my antivirus has one and i am using the premium version of Malwarebytes Antimalware?

Follow suggestions about backups.

Ok

Add HTTPS Everywhere.

Done

Thanks for sharing.

Welcome
Following up on your seggestions above and adding some comments in bold to it as well as letting you know I change antivirus software.

Reactions: Rengar
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.