Scotfree's Security Config.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
As @Huracan said above ZAL is realtime protection
With Trend Micro there is no need to run MBAM in real time as it would be better served as an on demand scanner.
I would consider adding Zemana Antimalware to your on demand and if you consider the premium version it would make a nice addition to your real time protection.
All in all your config looks good! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Amit Raina

Level 3
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
i think trend micro maxium security is good in URL blocking. then y u r using bitdefender traffic light ..ur browser is not slowing u down??

Reactions: King Alpha

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
hello why the extra addition of bitdefender trafficlight , if I may ask? I always thought that trends malicious page blocking was superb , atleast our trend guru @McLovin allways tells us ;) so no need for trafficlight , only slows down your webbrowsing experience unneedlessly.....thanks for sharing your config with us , looks nice! :D

Scotfree

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 27, 2016
I've always liked that little bit of back-up from Bitdefender trafficlight. I've never found it to slow down my browsing. It might be a bit of over kill, but as I said, I like that extra wee help. :)

Scotfree

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 27, 2016
Great choice of AV. :) I used Trend Micro before and its really good especially its Web/URL filtering. Thanks for sharing. :)
I've liked it so far. I've been using it for around six months and not had any problems with it. I used Norton before it, and I have to say that I find Trend Micro a better product. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.