Troubleshoot Screen flickering black and white dots. What is happening?

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
dots still popping up on my screen
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I checked to see if none of the cords have come lose because it is a desktop.
Do you think I have to buy a new screen? I don't have a lot of money so I hope not. what do you think? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LabZero

You can try: other monitor, more connection type with monitor and/or cable, reinstall the video driver, try another PCI express port on motherboard, locate hardware or drivers conflicts, also try to restore the O.S.
Unfortunately you have to go for exclusion by isolating the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
You can try: other monitor, more connection type with monitor and/or cable, reinstall the video driver, try another PCI express port on motherboard, locate hardware or drivers conflicts, also try to restore the O.S.
Unfortunately you have to go for exclusion by isolating the problem.
thanks anyway I think it is fixed after I rebooted my computer I haven't had any problems for about 3 hours

Reactions: frogboy and LabZero
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.