ScreenWings for Windows

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
ScreenWings is an anti-screenshoting software that prevents (malicious) software from capturing your screens. If you want to test the security of ScreenWings, try Snipping Tool, pressing "Print" or any capturing software!

sw1.png

Requires Windows 7 or newer
You can download it here: ScreenWings - Anti-screenshot - schiffer.tech

We hope for feedback on possible errors so that we can further improve the product.

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
Why to lower your security level when doing non money related activities? That is why our security apps are made for universal protection.
If you find any issue, please let us know!

The big gap of file access limitations will be handled as well in our future releases.
Our experimental clipboard protection feature will undergo a renewal as well.

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
+German translation
+Dutch translation
+Bounds marked when showing the currently selected screen (AdaptDesign=1 aware)
#Improved memory protection
#Improved bug handling
#Fixed UI font bug in Windows 7
#Fixed minor UI bugs
#Minor core improvements

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
+Adaptive polymorphic memory protection (based on available RAM)
+Adaptive dark mode (Windows 10)
#Automatic save of protection state after every change
#Fixed missing translation
#Fixed missing mouse handling
#Window location order bug fixed
#Minor protection tweaks
#Upgraded to .Net 4.5

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
HSDev can you harden/increase tamper protection in screenwings against killing it? I've found attackers being able to kill it easily, maybe password protection is an option?

@EndangeredPootis As usual we try to fix the most important ones, which already happened.

They (av companies) really don't like your software. Your detected on android too by most av companies.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Hi @HSDev ...I know your softs from old threats on Wilders and although I don't use it I appreciate its features. I'm using SpyShelter from years and I know that blocking...or rather "blacking"... captured picture can sometime be very useful. SS has similar feature called "Screen Phantom" that I've tested and described here
Could you confirm similar results in your soft?

Oten

Level 2
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
Hi HSDev,

If i'm using an aplication maximized e.g Firefox with screenwings activated, there is an overlap with the taskbar, if i set my taskbar on top, on normal size or small taskbar. Hope it will be fixed.

Reactions: harlan4096

scorpionv

Level 2
Apr 20, 2020
Is ScreenWings obsolete / discontinued? I can't download it from the site.

As SpyShelter is not updated either, usable anti screenshot programs are going extinct...

Reactions: sypqys

scorpionv

Level 2
Apr 20, 2020
Okay, thanks, found version 2.16.1430.0, but just to be sure (as I found it on MajorGeeks): Does the 'original' schiffer.tech version also ring alarm bells on VirusTotal?

6 / 72 malicious

Cynet Malicious (score: 100)
Rising Trojan.Generic at AI.100 (RDML:E5kpVEHV6tMm6GaEFE+ZwA)
SecureAge Malicious
SentinelOne Static AI - Suspicious PE
TEHTRIS Generic.Malware
Webroot W32.Trojan.Gen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.