Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable Smartscreen.
What 3rd party firewall do you use?
I would consider adding an AV to run with ZAM if your ZAM is premium especially with malware problems in the last 3 months.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
@SEAL28 Hi! I suggest you to add an Antivirus to your config. Perhaps avast or AVG, both have free version. ;) Or you can just enable Windows-built antivirus named Windows Defender. ZAM is good, but it's not enough IMO. Oh and please consider enabling SmartScreen (OS File Reputation). Thanks for sharing your config! :)

P.S. What exact 3rd-party Firewall are you using?

L

Lucent Warrior

A new cumulative update was pushed, you should be at 14393.105 and not 14393.82. I would enable Smartscreen & Windows defender "if disabled and just not listed" and you should be good to go.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I agree with the suggestions given above :) Just enable Windows defender and SmartScreen: your config will be fine this way. I hope you are using ZAM premium, considering you put it into Real-time software

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As some have recommended, you can enable Windows Defender to run alongside Zemana Anti-Mlaware Premium - that choice is available for you to decide.

On Windows 10 AU, you can allow Windows Defender to periodically scan your system - very similar to an on-demand scanner - it's called Limited Periodic Scanning and does not conflict with your current real-time protection.

Which 3rd party Firewall do you use, if not Windows Firewall?

Others have mentioned Windows Smartscreen, it uses minimal resources and does not appear often, but adds an extra layer of protection without much user interaction or maintenance. Windows Smartscreen uses Application Reputation (introduced around IE9) and is system-wide in Windows 8 or later.

To further enhance your PC protection, you can upgrade to Zemana Anti-Logger Premium (v2), it includes all features of Zemana Anti-Malware Premium with a couple extras (ie. keylogger protection).

How were you last affected by malware?

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015

SEAL28

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 19, 2016
Thanks for the help, now i using the Avast Free antivirus.

update: I use the ZoneAlarm Free Firewall (answer for King Mellow's question)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.