Search is Redirecting to Yahoo - DirectSearch App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurphy503

Thread author
Oct 3, 2022
Hi there,

I've been trying to figure out how to fix this problem. I have used Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, Adwcleaner, eset Scanner, checked any extensions, cleaned, restored Chrome, deleted temp files, deleted anything in the recycle bin. None of it is working. Kapersky is now successfully blocking the DirectSearch redirect but I'm not able to search using Google chrome consistently. Sometimes it allows the search but mostly the redirect is being blocked and I'm not able to search at all. It is happening on Chrome and Edge. I don't use any other browsers at this time. Attaching the reports from Farbar recovery tool. Please let me know anything else you need to assist. I do appreciate any help offered. Thanks!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    41.8 KB · Views: 15
  • FRST.txt
    45 KB · Views: 15

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 21

Smurphy503

Thread author
Oct 3, 2022
Hi Nasdaq,

Looks like the problem is still going on. Any further assitance would be much appreciated. Thank you!

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

Please run the Farbar program and post fresh FRST.TXT and Addition.txt logs for my review.

While I check your logs my may read this article and try some of the suggested fixes.

Smurphy503

Thread author
Oct 3, 2022
Hi Nasdaq,

I ran the program and attaching the files you requested. Thank you for that link re: Resetting Chrome. Looks like there a few steps so I will work on this tonight and tomorrow. This redirect is super annoying!

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    43.9 KB · Views: 12
  • FRST.txt
    44.3 KB · Views: 14

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,
Is this cropme extension still present and working for you.
CHR Extension: (Apps) - C:\Users\Home Laptop\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pejhfhcoekcajgokallhmklcjkkeemgj [2022-09-26] [UpdateUrl:hxxps://extappupdate.com/crx/updates.xml] <==== ATTENTION => Error: No automatic fix found for this entry.

It's only a web page that can be bookmarked instead of using an extension.

Reactions: upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.