App Review Second opinion scanners - Detection test (TestMyAV's samples) - Part 1

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Great video! Thanks for the link to TestMyAv too - I may start using their services :D Really good test & what is your favourite second opinion scanner? Mine would have to be Zemana & then MalwareBytes.
my favourite scanner is zemana because it's free and extremely fast
HMP is also good. But only works for 30 days
NPE is a good tool too but not as good as ZAM

MAlwarebytes :confused: I have no idea now. It's not really good against non-ransomware samples but great signatures against ransomwares and PUPs. I downloaded brand new ransomwares and MB3 already had the signatures

PS: those samples are not really fresh. I saw the new virlocker sample -> what I have been searching for a few days but couldn't find a source to download. Not really fresh but great samples :cool:

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I have AV Bitdefender,malwarebytes premium(witch i believe in),HitmanPro Paid,AdWareCleaner and SUPERantispyware Professional,so i can not secure my Acer Aspire any better.Zemana is not my cup of tea,but i can not close my eyes for the facts,that it is a very high quality malware,ransomware product,Thanks for the video,it was quite an eye opener.:eek::D

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
Thanks for video.
I'm shocked! I thought MB3 did definitely better. 44% is too low!
ZAM is great confirmation

Reactions: Solarquest

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.