Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Do you want secure web browsing? SecuBrowser is for you!
Did you hear all these stories about phishing, man-in-the-middle attacks on homebanking and such, or worse, did even experience such an attack by yourself? This must no longer be a threat to you - SecuBrowser for secure web browsing is there - the software for web browser protection!

What does SecuBrowser for secure web browsing do?
Surfing the internet an adware installed itself on my computer, a Windows 7 PC. Always when I entered a web address into my browser like www.google.com a different webpage with ads and a link to continue to google was displayed. Thanks to using SecuBrowser for secure web browsing I easily got rid of the adware by deleting the directory 'C:\sbox\my login name' and restarting the web browser.

My wife once was searching the internet for hotel and appartment advisory and a virus or trojan infected our computer. Nothing worked anymore and we had to reboot. Then I deleted the directory 'C:\sbox\my wife's login name' and easily removed the malware this way. Starting SecuBrowser for secure web browsing we could safely surf the internet again.

All you have to do when encountering a virus or trojan is stopping your web browser, deleting the directory 'C:\sbox\your login name' and restarting your browser using SecuBrowser again. In rare cases you need to reboot your PC before deleting the directory 'C:\sbox\your login name'.

Your web browser, the (s) SANDBOXED mode:
The system menu of your web browser window shows you the (s) SANDBOXED mode. It tells you wether your browser was started using SecuBrowser or was started without SecuBrowser:

ie_sandboxed.png

ffox_sandboxed.png

More Information

This is to be a primature product, and only compatible to XP and 7 (8 coming soon)

There are some limitations on this product which could be found at their download section.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This product looks very interesting. Of coarse this is the first release of it, v.1.0.0.0 because it might not be ready for prime time.

It looks like it requires more work then Sandboxie since you have to manually delete the folders by Windows Explorer.

Softpedia page

With some more development it could be a good product.

Does some want to do a review of it?

Enjoy!!:D

KelvinW4

Level 1
May 8, 2012
The icon looks spectacularly similar to Sandboxie's except theres no red dots, but small green dots.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Overkill, check out the long list of Cons in the link above. Not really worth testing out, "Is a very poor sandbox".

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It will take a long time since not just only to add some features for that sandbox but the environmental effect with 64-bit systems especially Windows 8.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
2013/05/10 Version 1.0.2.0

SecuBrowser now offers an option to delete the 'C:\sbox\your name' directory on startup. This was wished by many users, now it is there. Btw. does anyone know how to call the Windows 8 system calls CreateFile2 and CopyFile2 from Visual Studio 2010? I added the definitions for both but on link time I get the error "undefined external symbol". The library kernel32 links with the binary. Help would be appreciated.

Blog

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Had contact with developer

1. It currently only virtualises file (and registry access)

2. Next releases focus on expanding configuration

3. In future it might also run the virtualised processes in a forced LUA environment (restricted user token like DropMyRights/StripMyRights)

Goals are simple: make the benefits of file virtualisation available in a low intrusive / low usage threshold manner

Source by a post on this link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.