Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Source: http://secunia.com/blog/320/

With the general release of the Secunia PSI 3.0 today, I feel that we have found the perfect balance and fusion of features that will appeal to everyone. Therefore, the top new features, based on your input and our mission, include:

Localisation: As a truly personal touch and to make life even easier for you, the Secunia PSI 3.0 is available in five different languages: English, French, German, Spanish, and Danish.

Simplified user interface: A streamlined and de-cluttered dashboard presents the most important scan information that you need to know – the software security status of your installed programs and when they are up-to-date.

Automated patching: This unique function removes the hassle of manually sourcing and implementing patches. It can be set to run in the background to automatically scan and update programs while you get on with your other day-to-day tasks.

Enhancements to existing features: Because we want to simplify the patching process even further and cater to all types of users, we have also revised and enhanced some of the underlying features which will make handling vulnerabilities easier than ever before (integration with the Secunia Corporate Software Inspector (CSI), event log, and ignore rules, etc.).

Secunia-Personal-Software-Inspector_2.png

Secunia-Personal-Software-Inspector_4.png

Secunia-Personal-Software-Inspector_5.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for posting about the final release.

Just installing Office 2007 now, but Windows Updates will update it for me.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I think new Secunia is better than it older version.

To scan all sofware' s by Secunia, should be select all partitions.

Up-to-date software's sometimes are marked with an exclamation. I don't know why...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Which software? I know when Chrome updates it keeps a copy of the previous version in a folder.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I must give this a go again. It's been a long time since I've used it last. Cheers.

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Strange, first some programs are marked with an exclamation, but now they aren't...

Maybe it was a temporary?

Now I rescan my both partitions using Secunia...

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How time consuming are the scans? 2minutes?

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I have many software, and I also now scan my computer with mbam...

Now all up-to-date software are displayed correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.