Solved Secure surf.net adware and other pop up search engines

William Newton

Thread author
Nov 8, 2017
Hi yes I don't use other browsers really except Microsoft edge to reinstall chrome. I haven't noticed any problems with edge at all.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please uninstall Chrome. Then delete and choose do delete browsing data on uninstall window.

Then delete Google folder on these locations:

%localappdata%
%programdata%
C:\Program Files

Install Chrome again and report back

William Newton

Thread author
Nov 8, 2017
Sorry for the late reply. I scouted around for any other google folders I could find. I deleted every thing apart from in %program data% were I couldn't find any google folders. So far this seems to have done the trick, iv'e tried this before but mabye I missed a folder or two. I'll report back if anything changes. Thank you so much for your help :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.