Advice Request SecureAPlus: False positive by Emsisoft... And another question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Hey as screenshots says here under Emsisoft thinks Aviras heuristics is a virus Well done!

Also Hitmanpro has scanned and it found some strange files... idk what it is can anyone explain?

EMsisoft false positive....PNG Hitmanpro.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Run CCleaner to clear Cache/Temp files for your browsers (IE/Edge etc.), or press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Del in your browser.

You can uncheck Cookie detection in HitmanPro scanner options. Cookies are harmless.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Run CCleaner to clear Cache/Temp files for your browsers (IE/Edge etc.), or press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Del in your browser.

You can uncheck Cookie detection in HitmanPro scanner options. Cookies are harmless.
Done but why does Emsisoft detects Avira as malware?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Done but why does Emsisoft detects Avira as malware?
I am unable to answer your query in regards to SecureAPlus. I have little experience with that software.

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
I am unable to answer your query in regards to SecureAPlus. I have little experience with that software.
Its a fp from Emsisoft but i disabled Emsisoft engine in it now.... Does Emsisoft have a MalwareTips account o they can reply?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
SecureAPlus uses VirusTotal?

For the latest results, scan the file using Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Emsisoft Anti-Malware or upload directly to VirusTotal to verify it is a FP.

Submit a FP request via Email or Support Forum at Emsisoft | Contact Us

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Its a Bitdefender false positive actually (engine B), but yes Emsisoft can fix it.

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Its a Bitdefender false positive actually (engine B), but yes Emsisoft can fix it.
I forgot that it was a dual engine, but shouldn't other AV that use Bitdefender flag the file?

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I forgot that it was a dual engine, but shouldn't other AV that use Bitdefender flag the file?

It should, maybe it is some algorithm from SecureAPlus or Mr Xsjx has some engines disabled.

Reactions: Ink

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I disabled Clamav And from now Emsisoft till they fix it..
good idea to disable Clam.

As for Emsisoft, which is generally pretty reliable, why can't you just make an exception for the files you know are clean?

It is very common for AVs to flag other security softwares as malicious, because by computer analysis, security software looks like it is digging too deep into the system. If you disable every AV that has a false detection of this type, you will end up with nothing left...

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
SecureAPlus uses VirusTotal?

For the latest results, scan the file using Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Emsisoft Anti-Malware or upload directly to VirusTotal to verify it is a FP.

Submit a FP request via Email or Support Forum at Emsisoft | Contact Us
SAP used to use VirusTotal but their were asked to discontinue their usage of it after VT changed their policy:
An Important Update on Second Opinion Scanning & VirusTotal

They do still have their "Universal AV" though which consists of 12 (possibly added/removed some since I last tried it) antivirus engines from Ahnlab, AVG, Avira, BitDefender, ClamWin, ESET, Emsisoft, McAfee, Microsoft , Quick Heal, Sophos, and Total Defense.

Reactions: Ink and Xsjx

Xsjx

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
SAP used to use VirusTotal but their were asked to discontinue their usage of it after VT changed their policy:
An Important Update on Second Opinion Scanning & VirusTotal

They do still have their "Universal AV" though which consists of 12 (possibly added/removed some since I last tried it) antivirus engines from Ahnlab, AVG, Avira, BitDefender, ClamWin, ESET, Emsisoft, McAfee, Microsoft , Quick Heal, Sophos, and Total Defense.

good idea to disable Clam.

As for Emsisoft, which is generally pretty reliable, why can't you just make an exception for the files you know are clean?

It is very common for AVs to flag other security softwares as malicious, because by computer analysis, security software looks like it is digging too deep into the system. If you disable every AV that has a false detection of this type, you will end up with nothing left...

I cant add a exception after i closed it... now it just says remove if emsisofts engine is on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.