Expired SecureAPlus Premium for FREE

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
SecureAPlus is the antivirus software that uses 12 Antiviruses at a time to automatically scan your computer for the best malware and virus protection. It has higher detection rates without slowing your computer down with regular online scans by using cloud antivirus engines to provide the most accurate diagnosis when a threat is detected.
Download: Download file SecureAPlus_Premium-4.7.2.zip

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
I would use it if their privacy policy wouldn't have this in it:

"Relevant System Information – In order to provide best-in-class antivirus support to you, we may collect certain information from your machines. This information may include, without limitation, your email address, IP address, information about your hardware and software, files stored on your computer (including potentially dangerous or infected files) and other relevant system information. This information is collected to help us to provide services and support, to identify and remove computer viruses, and to help us solve your technology problem(s). For purposes of this section, we will use any such information only when providing the security services as part of SecureAPlus solution."

It says "including potentially dangerous or infected files" which means they also might collect non-malicious files if I understand it correctly.

/steel9

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

"Relevant System Information – In order to provide best-in-class antivirus support to you, we may collect certain information from your machines. This information may include, without limitation, your email address, IP address, information about your hardware and software, files stored on your computer (including potentially dangerous or infected files) and other relevant system information."

It says "including potentially dangerous or infected files" which means they also might collect non-malicious files if I understand it correctly.

/steel9
A very good point you have there. ;)

Elpibe

Level 3
Verified
Sep 26, 2015

"Relevant System Information – In order to provide best-in-class antivirus support to you, we may collect certain information from your machines. This information may include, without limitation, your email address, IP address, information about your hardware and software, files stored on your computer (including potentially dangerous or infected files) and other relevant system information."

/steel9
I have a Dejavu :LOL:
Expired - Giveaway of the day — SecureAPlus Premium 4.5.2

vinylmeister

Level 2
Verified
Jan 29, 2015

"Relevant System Information – In order to provide best-in-class antivirus support to you, we may collect certain information from your machines. This information may include, without limitation, your email address, IP address, information about your hardware and software, files stored on your computer (including potentially dangerous or infected files) and other relevant system information. This information is collected to help us to provide services and support, to identify and remove computer viruses, and to help us solve your technology problem(s). For purposes of this section, we will use any such information only when providing the security services as part of SecureAPlus solution."

/steel9

Well, thank you. I will not install such spyware.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

/steel9
Relax it's nothing unusual. That's how cloud scanning works. They scan for files, compare their hashes with one's in their cloud and if they found any unknown files it get's uploaded so that it can be scanned. See the Privacy policy of Avast below.
Data collected by specific products.
Some of our product offerings are required to collect additional information in order to deliver full product functionality, such as information about websites that you have visited and files on your computers. In general, we collect no more information than is required in order to provide full functionality of these products. Specific products, and the types of information that they collect when you use them, are as follows:

Avast Free Antivirus, Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Internet Security, Avast Free Mac Security, Avast Pro Antivirus for Mac, Avast Endpoint Protection, Avast Endpoint Protection Suite, Avast Endpoint Protection Plus, and Avast Endpoint Protection Suite Plus include the following features or collect the following types of information:

• (1) Avast CommunityIQ: Avast CommunityIQ is a community-based service that provides Avast security experts with data taken from the actual web browsing experiences of Avast product users. Participation is voluntary. Data acquired by Avast CommunityIQ is used to update our databases of viruses and infected websites, and for other statistical purposes, and may include:
    • URLs of visited websites, together with the information on the nature of identified threats (e.g., viruses, Trojans, tracking cookies, and any other forms of malware) and URLs of several sites visited before the infection was identified. This information is collected to ascertain the source of the infection.
    • Information and files (including executable files) on your computer identified by the Avast software as potentially infected, together with the information about the nature of identified threats.
    • Information about the sender (not including personal information) and subject of emails identified by the Avast software as potentially infected, together with the information on the nature of identified threats.
    • Additional statistical information about threats detected by the Avast software.
  • (2) Avast FileRep: Avast FileRep is a database of executable files sourced from users who agree to participate in the service. The files (or their hashes — i.e., de-identified versions of the files) are stored and evaluated for the purpose of determining which are infectious and updating virus databases. Participation in Avast FileRep is voluntary, and data is not stored in a way that permits it to be associated with particular users. No user is required to agree to participate in the Avast FileRep service, however by doing so, you actively help yourself and others to experience a higher standard of security. If you do not want to participate, you can easily opt-out by un-ticking the box ‘Enable reputation services’ in the general settings menu.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
Relax it's nothing unusual. That's how cloud scanning works. They scan for files, compare their hashes with one's in their cloud and if they found any unknown files it get's uploaded so that it can be scanned. See the Privacy policy of Avast below.
That's right, as long as we can trust the company that they do not abuse this, like some companies that have sold user data to 3rd parties with browser extensions.

/steel9

L S

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
That's right, as long as we can trust the company that they do not abuse this, like some companies that have sold user data to 3rd parties with browser extensions.
Yes, they all do it , but if the vendor you trust admit and not abuse it than it's ok, because if they say ""we do not do that"" - than - they are lying - (everybody do it) - :)

@Syafiq - Thanks For The Info - (y)

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
I received the following reply from their support, the privacy policy seems more reasonable now:

"Thank you for contacting the SecureAPlus team. We only upload automatically executable hashes and not the file itself to our cloud servers, and these are usually non-sensitive information. We also do not upload document-type files (i.e. .docx, .xlsx, .pptx) to our servers.

However, there is the option to upload a file (regardless of what file-type) to our servers with the on-demand scanner. By default we do not do so, however, you will get the option to do so during the on-demand scan. You can refer to the following image:
https://support.secureaplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Virus-Scanner-Upload-File_1.jpg

We also collect information by asking users to send their log files to help us diagnose any issues they are experiencing. You can refer to the support page for this below:
Collecting Log Files for SecureAPlus Support – SecureAPlus Support Pages

Lastly, when Application Whitelisting blocks a potential threat and Universal AV doesn't have the sample, we give users the option to upload this file - we do not do so automatically so if the file is sensitive, users must knowingly click a button to upload it to our servers for analysis.

I hope this addresses your concern regarding our privacy policy."

karthic1998

Level 4
Verified
Jan 23, 2017
It requires internet connection for scanning and it is not worth because it eats my ram

I have 50Mbps Active internet Connection every single day. this one really bad. I was surprised when i scanned my system using Windows defender all exe files are effected. Finally Msconfig,Taskmanager,Regedit are dead. i am not sure how they scan files.
But I have 14kbps

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.