What's more safe and secure to use, including regular updates?

• Opera

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • Yandex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Total voters
A

Ankh

Hi friends :)

I take some months using Opera and I really love it. Today, for testing, I installed Yandex browser and feel that it is significantly faster in my computer.

I have read that Yandex can be intrusive on privacy (but as a Windows and Google user, that does not worry me too much now), but in my case prevails safety before speed.

My other browser is Mozilla Firefox and currently I do not want to use Google Chrome that I find a little heavy on my system and other alternatives such as Slimjet, Cent, Cyberfox or Vivaldi I like less that Opera, Firefox or Yandex.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day

A

Ankh

Could you elaborate on "Which is Safer between Opera and Yandex":
- Safer as in built-in features, or something else like privacy and data collection?

As it stands, both are SAFE to install.
Oh sorry. I mean which one has better self-protection when you surf the internet. Which of the two is most frequently updated to resolve vulnerabilities.
I will edit the title to change "safer" for "more secure".

Thanks @Huracan :)

Y

yigido

I was an Opera browser user before they sold the browser section to Chinese. I never use Yandex. I prefer Opera over all browsers now. I really liked the responsiveness and its well ironed features. (Vivaldi has great features but all of them a little buggy, maybe it needs a year too)
Opera updates the core regularly, I suggest you to use 'Beta' channel. You will get more updates before than all stable users.

You said
" I have read that Yandex can be intrusive on privacy (but as a Windows and Google user, that does not worry me too much now) "

I do not think like that. Why do you spread your data then? Use the Google services, they will be the only service that will know you!

All in all, I prefer & suggest Opera. (Remember the rule, Chinese & Russian companies have very good(!) privacy policies)

Last edited by a moderator: