Battle Security: Opera or Yandex?

A

Ankh

Thread author
Hi friends :)

I take some months using Opera and I really love it. Today, for testing, I installed Yandex browser and feel that it is significantly faster in my computer.

I have read that Yandex can be intrusive on privacy (but as a Windows and Google user, that does not worry me too much now), but in my case prevails safety before speed.

My other browser is Mozilla Firefox and currently I do not want to use Google Chrome that I find a little heavy on my system and other alternatives such as Slimjet, Cent, Cyberfox or Vivaldi I like less that Opera, Firefox or Yandex.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day

A

Ankh

Thread author
Could you elaborate on "Which is Safer between Opera and Yandex":
- Safer as in built-in features, or something else like privacy and data collection?

As it stands, both are SAFE to install.

Oh sorry. I mean which one has better self-protection when you surf the internet. Which of the two is most frequently updated to resolve vulnerabilities.
I will edit the title to change "safer" for "more secure".

Thanks @Huracan :)

Y

yigido

Thread author
I was an Opera browser user before they sold the browser section to Chinese. I never use Yandex. I prefer Opera over all browsers now. I really liked the responsiveness and its well ironed features. (Vivaldi has great features but all of them a little buggy, maybe it needs a year too)
Opera updates the core regularly, I suggest you to use 'Beta' channel. You will get more updates before than all stable users.

You said
" I have read that Yandex can be intrusive on privacy (but as a Windows and Google user, that does not worry me too much now) "

I do not think like that. Why do you spread your data then? Use the Google services, they will be the only service that will know you!

All in all, I prefer & suggest Opera. (Remember the rule, Chinese & Russian companies have very good(!) privacy policies)

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.