kamo_jisan Security setting...

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
I think that my PC is protected by appropriate level as a consumer.

My ability to using PC and IT tools is not high level. I think that my level is normal or higher than it as a consumer. I am been careful malwares every time.

Thank you.
(My ability of English is poor. Excuse me!)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Enable User Access Control and start making backups before you regret it. Other than that pretty nice light setup.

Btw I think your English is fine so don't worry about it. I am sure if most users here tried talking in Japanese they would do way worse than you do in English.

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Enable User Access Control and start making backups before you regret it. Other than that pretty nice light setup.

Btw I think your English is fine so don't worry about it. I am sure if most users here tried talking in Japanese they would do way worse than you do in English.

Thank you for your reply. I read it.
I am making backups of important documents (For example, My pictures, movies, and assignments files of university...)
at portable-HDD. But I have not tried backup images of all of PC because it's takes too long time for me. I am understanding about importance of making backups!;)

And, UAC is available on my PC. I selected wrong buttons about UAC at security profile page setting.

By the way, I am glad to be praised about my English. I'll try to chat in English by all means, and I expect that most users at here tries talking in Japanese. Talking by good Japanese language is not necessarry wanted.

Thank you!

L

LabZero

But I have not tried backup images of all of PC because it's takes too long time for me. I am understanding about importance of making backups!;)
Good security configuration, thanks.:)

About OS image backup, using Macrium Reflect free for example, a full system backup use about 10 minutes on my PC.
Of course it depends on the amount of data/files present in C partition, but I assure you that this is a very good practice that has saved my computer in many situations.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well no worries on your configuration, don't always be influence by other testimonies that Bitdefender is mediocre.

There some instances that a system may not work well / in short case to case basis.

You may add additional scanners like Hitman Pro/ MBAM or Zemana AntiMalware.

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Thank you for all reply! I read all reply.

I was surprised that there are such softwares for doing backup in easier.

Your suggestions are very useful for thinking that how should I build security on my PC.
I got a conscious of on-demand malware scanners for get second opinion because I read your reply.

Now I am using Kaspersky Security Scan (Japanese Free Edition).
I decided to think about should I introduce other on-demand malware scanner to my PC.

Zemana, Hitman, and MBAM are not known well to many PC users/consumers in Japan. I don't also know well these brands yet. I am going to search about it.

Thank you.

kamo_jisan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 3, 2016
Please, fill all fields in your config.
Hello, Umbra! Thank you for your reply.
I don't fill all fields in my security config because I am worring about keeping privacy of security of my PC and Mobile.

Sorry.
Thank you.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Hello, Umbra! Thank you for your reply.
I don't fill all fields in my security config because I am worring about keeping privacy of security of my PC and Mobile.

Sorry.
Thank you.
There are no security/privacy risks in filling in the security config fields.
The status of UAC on your PC is hardly a threat to your privacy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.