Security Shield removal guide

RandomGuy

Thread author
Feb 27, 2011
It seems that Security Sheild is back so....
Hello and welcome to my removal guide of the rogue security shield.

WARNING: Do not attempt to test malware if you do not know what you're doing!

Security Shield is a member of the Security Tool family, you can apply theese actions to Security Tool as well.

35cq6vt.png

^ The message box above was from the dropper file.

Okay to make this removal process a bit more easy, enter the following serial number into the activation box: 64C665BE-4DE7-423B-A6B6-BC0172B25DF2 Credits to Xylitol for the serial!
Now download malwarebytes anti-malware from here.

Run a quick scan and wait for MBAM to detect it. When it's done reboot and you should be done.

(Optional)
Download ccleaner from here.
And do a scan with eset online scanner from here.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
bogdan said:
I would rather run Rkill instead of interacting with the rogue (entering that serial number). And then perform a full scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware.

Seems like bogdan dosen;t like to negociate with malware :p .....
Here is a a proper "by force" removal guide for Security Shield: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-remove-Security-Shield-Removal-Guide

+1 RandomGuy :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A serial key is a solution to so that when it activated the rogue itself will look friendly.

RandomGuy

Thread author
Feb 27, 2011
The reason I put the serial number in there is so it would stop the process hijacking.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes also when the rogue activated there will be no more popups and will remove the threats that was detected, it made the program a legit once its activated.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I got it, you are using a leaked serial number to register your copy of Security Shield. I wonder if this is against the law? A legit rogue :D

RandomGuy

Thread author
Feb 27, 2011
bogdan said:
I got it, you are using a leaked serial number to register your copy of Security Shield. I wonder if this is against the law? A legit rogue :D

:p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.