Logitech G513 Carbon black, GX-RED keyboard
Zephyr gaming mouse with Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth mouse palm rest
Accessories
CORSAIR MM350 PRO mouse pad
My computer protection
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
This is my PC, build for some games in 4K but also for good overall performance and security.

I'm dithery if i should wait for new Ryzen 4000 serie or if i should upgrade to Ryzen 3000 serie, cause that have some (minimal) security features which my Ryzen 2600 doesn't have.
The question is also if the Ryzen 4000 need new mainboard / sockel or not. What did you guys think?

Oten

Level 2
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
The performance difference from your ryzen 2600 to e.g ryzen 3600 is only 15% even more less if you OC it to 4.1-4.2. You don't have to upgrade unless you got money to burn. as of the security feature you talked about, i don't know what it is. Just wait the ryzen 4000 it will still be compatible on AM4 socket. There will be new chipset expected e.g B550.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
The performance difference from your ryzen 2600 to e.g ryzen 3600 is only 15% even more less if you OC it to 4.1-4.2. You don't have to upgrade unless you got money to burn. as of the security feature you talked about, i don't know what it is. Just wait the ryzen 4000 it will still be compatible on AM4 socket. There will be new chipset expected e.g B550.
The performance isn't so important for me, but the security features.

Let's see if I need a new Mainboard for the Ryzen 4000 then.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
Does it have TPM 1.2 or 2.0 chip?
1609067840315.png

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
Last month i switch from Cherry STREAM keyboard to Logitech G513 Carbon black, GX-RED
and buy a CORSAIR MM350 PRO mouse pad and a Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth mouse palm rest.

Today i switch from BENQ EL2870U UHD 4K monitor to a GIGABYTE G27QC 27" QHD Gaming Monitor.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Last month i switch from Cherry STREAM keyboard to Logitech G513 Carbon black, GX-RED
and buy a CORSAIR MM350 PRO mouse pad and a Glorious PC Gaming Race Stealth mouse palm rest.

Today i switch from BENQ EL2870U UHD 4K monitor to a GIGABYTE G27QC 27" QHD Gaming Monitor.
You wanted a higher refresh rate?

I haven't found a quiet mechanical keyboard I feel I would like to replace my current non mechanical one with. Most are way too loud since most of my recreational use is while kids are sleeping in the next room. Though I haven't done much research.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Thread author
You wanted a higher refresh rate?
Yes. And 4k doesn't make sense yet for gaming.
Even latest GPUs aren't handling 4k at maximum details so i switch back to 2K. (4K monitor go to girlfriend)

I haven't found a quiet mechanical keyboard I feel I would like to replace my current non mechanical one with. Most are way too loud since most of my recreational use is while kids are sleeping in the next room. Though I haven't done much research.
Three different mechanical switches exist. That's where you need to read about.
Fast typing is of course always loud but if i type slowly, the keyboard is even quieter than my old non-mechanical rubber dome

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, I have only an idea b/c making "recommendations" for these parts is like recommending a pair of shoes to someone. One size def. does not fit all.

This brand you may or may not have heard of but is one that I personally will consider in the future (when my wonderful Logitech g-series poops out). None that I can see have an on-board, but do have a lot of vents. The brand is called "Glorious PC." I came across these in my area Micro Center. Some are a little too gaudy and showy but have a nice design and seem ergonomic to one's hand.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.