Seeking a program or Firefox extension that blocks flash cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Thread author
Jun 10, 2014
You can open Flash's settings and tell it to never allow sites to store data on your computer, or be prompted to allow them to store it, but for me this setting reverts to the default (allowing all sites to save data) immediately upon browser exit, presumably because it stores the data via a cookie or some other thing that's being purged when I shut my browser. Nothing in my current setup has sufficiently granular controls to do this (I think?). The closest I've found is BetterPrivacy, which has the ability to whitelist sites, but rather than blocking flash cookies it allows you to set a timer to purge them on a user defined schedule (every 10 minutes, 30 seconds, etc.). Is there an extension or program out there that will block all non-whitelisted sites from placing flash cookies?

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
None of those seem to block flash cookie placement
Sorry to say, there are no any better addons left for firefox i guess.at least i tried flashblock with better privacy & it blocks almost flash videos/advertisement automatically to save bandwidth & placing flash cookies on my system. If u click on flash videos, advertisements, online games manually then it will store flash cookies. If u r paranoid then set " block all sites from storing information " in flash player settings which is currently working in my system without any hassel. try to disable every addons & change the flash settings again. I think it's the only way, or use portable browser in private mode in flash drive, & clean browser cache/cookies with ccleaner after closing ur browser. In flash world u can't stop flash from reaching ur computer 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.