Seeking Assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fancy-son

Thread author
Oct 18, 2023
Hello, I'm pleased to be welcomed in with open arms, however pleasantries and such will be saved for a more well-to-do occasion. I'm not quite sure the source from which I picked up this dastardly virus but I know it's present. My browsers (Edge/Chrome) seem to be the infected parties. I've been placed under management by an unknown organization. That has placed policies in the install allow and force install list. I fear this is the least of my worries as my registry seems to hold a lot of what I've researched as giveaways to possibly much more nefarious attempts. I just like to get more defined and professional feedback on my situation. Thank you in advance!

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Some bad extensions have been installed without your knowledge.
The bad extensions are hidden in the a Group Policy.

Run this tool and post the logs for my review.

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Ensure that you are in an Administrator Account
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Check the boxes as seen here:
L7kNU5y.jpg

Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Please attach the logs for my review.
How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
[img=[URL]http://deeprybka.trojaner-board.de/eset/eng/attachlogs.png[/URL]]

Let me know what problems persists.

Wait for further instructions

p.s.
This program is updated often.
If it's identified as suspicious by your Anti-Virus program trust it if Downloaded from the link I provided.
OR, you should restore the program from the Quarantine folder.
====

Fancy-son

Thread author
Oct 18, 2023
Here is the FRST and Addition txts as requested I look forward to seeing your findings!

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    58.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    101.7 KB · Views: 3

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Remove these programs in bold using the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features..
Chromstera Browser (HKLM\...\Chromstera Browser 1.0.0.0) (Version: 1.0.0.0 - Chromstera Solutions)
Chromstera Web (HKLM\...\Chromstera Web 1.0.0.0) (Version: 1.0.0.0 - Chromstera Web Solutions)
<<<>>>

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 1

Fancy-son

Thread author
Oct 18, 2023
Here is the Fixlog, I followed the directions to a T with Zero deviation from your direct instructions. Thank you so much! I will be sure to be on the lookout for any lingering issues or if the problem persists.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    100 KB · Views: 3

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

Looking good. I will keep this topic open for 6b days.

Stay Safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.